Drunk??????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyingdutchman

WILMINGTON, N.C. — The Federal Aviation Administration is investigating whether a pilot for a regional carrier failed a breath test before boarding his Atlanta-bound flight.
Airline officials would not identify the Atlanta-based co-pilot or say how long he has worked for Atlanta Southeast Airlines.

The co-pilot, who has since returned to Georgia, was grounded with pay pending results of blood and urine tests, ASA airline spokesman Kent Landers said.

The 28 passengers were removed from the flight nearly a half-hour after their scheduled departure from the Wilmington International Airport, said Airport Director Jon Rosborough. They were placed on other flights.

Rosborough couldn't confirm whether the co-pilot of the twin-engine plane failed the test.

FAA guidelines say crew members may not have more than a 0.04 percent blood alcohol level and may not drink alcohol within eight hours before duty. Violations can lead to license revocation.

Rosborough said the co-pilot was stopped from boarding the plane at around 6 a.m. by a security officer with the Transportation Security Administration. It was not immediately clear why the co-pilot was stopped.

The investigation comes less than a month after two America West Pilots allegedly tried to fly a jetliner while they were drunk. They were arrested in Miami before the plane took off.

Watch your backs! The new battle between TSA and pilots or is the pilot population more subseptable(sp?) to alcoholism than we originally thought? Very disturbing if the findings do show positive results of his BAC. Even more disturbing is if an over zealous TSA screener is jumping the gun here and crying alcoholic whenever he makes a psycological assessment of pilots going through security who seam upset at the whole ridiculous process.

Yup. Just another group of people that we can't joke around with. Just be careful everywhere you are in public view. I hope they dont' take it too far, because if they single out too many pilots, we will never get to work!!

I have gone through security at Wilmington, NC many, many times at all hours of the day.
I can personally assure you that it is one of the worst checkpoints in the system. The CSS checkpoint managers hate pilots. They think we're all a bunch of prima donna jerks. The screeners are rude, obnoxious, and go out of their way to make a spectacle of uniformed crewmwmbers. I have had my company's station manager called no less than 4 times for "harassing a screener". Each time I have been vindicated.

My "offenses" include:
1. Insisting that my baggage remain in my view.
2. Asking for a private screening.
3. Asking the a very rude and conspicuous screener to treat me politely and with respect in front of passengers when a private screening "wasn't available".
4. Insisting that I am not required to remove my shoes or any other article of clothing prior to passing through the metal detector.
5. Apologizing to our passengers who have been delayed by my extra thouough screening.
6. "Unauthorized touching of personal articles" when my wallet, phone, and personal articles went flying out of the xray machine and the screener didn't bother to catch them for me. I had set off the metal detector and was on my way to the "penalty box".

Every time I opened my copy of FAA/ALPA's "Pilot's Guide to the Security Checkpoint" and showed the manager how the screeners weren't following the rules. The case was closed.

Long story short... I wouldn't be one bit surprised if these clowns smell scope and run with it from now on. Look for more occurances of this in the future if screeners aren't stripped of their current absolute power over crewmwmbers.

If it comes out that this guy was not drunk that security screener better be FIRED on the spot. All you pilots out there dont stand for this stuff. If they call you out say fine, but make sure when they bet wrong they get whats ritfully coming to them, a pink slip.

:D jaja de nederlanders veroveren de ..nk site! hahaha

spatterrrrrrr:D

Latest resources

Back