• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

drunk united Pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Simply put if and when you find yourself in the situation, call your ALPA HIMS reps, they are here to help you.

We will be having some substantial improvements in the DPAC program shortly.

However, I believe the coworker could have told the pilot it seemed he'd been drinking. The pilot could have called in sick, sat in a London hotel thinking about not drinking so much next time, and his career/life spared. Sometimes teammates step on their d!cks. Do you want to punish or help them?

While agree about helping, how do we know they didn't? It's the classic interview question brought to life. What do you do when the Captain appears to be under the influence?

OR the Captain was just a big dick and this was an opportunity for the entire crew to burn him. Who knows?

Either way, it would be a perversion of justice for a drunk Captain to blame the crew for turning him in without confronting him about it first. The crew weren't the ones drinking booze to the point of inebriation.

Let's not forget that this guy chose to come to work drunk. It does not matter if the crew tried to help him or not. This was his doing. Most of us will go out of our way to help a crew member, but in the end they are responsible for their own actions.

Half a brew, sure. Will that half brew be in my system after I stop 12 freaking hours before duty? Um, NO.

Half a brew, sure. Will that half brew be in my system after I stop 12 freaking hours before duty? Um, NO.

THe question was "Do you really know when you're ready to huff less that 0.02 on the meter"

Do you really know when you're ready to huff less that 0.02 on the meter?

Yes. http://bloodalcoholcalculator.org/ 6.5 beers at 8 hours and 170 lbs.

To blow a 0.02 with "half a glass of brew", he must have chugged it on the way to the airport.

Ask yourself if this is how you would react if it was your family in the back as you waved good-bye to them knowing the pilot(s) smelled like a brewery.

If that's the case then why are all you professionals willing to undercut the standards of the next guy or company and race to the bottom?

Management beat the pilots by out smarting the pilots who thought they were so smart they could beat the system attacking each other. Professionals show high levels of integrity and ethics. Pilots are broke, drunk, divorced, womanizing, selfish, egoist, leaches, who need more attention. Management knows how to play the pilots like a fiddle.

Not the whole picture, but true nonetheless, and sad.

---an outsourced furloughed sucker for "living the dream"

THe question was "Do you really know when you're ready to huff less that 0.02 on the meter"

Yes. If it was a question of having one or two beers at night, then blowing over the limit in the morning, we'd be seeing a lot more of these arrests wouldn't we?

Latest resources

Back