• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

drunk united Pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Breathalyzers on the start levers... That would work.

...or you guys could start acting like professional pilots. Stop over flying airports, stalling in icing conditions, landing on taxi ways, dying over the Atlantic and showing up drunk.

Just a frickin idea. You wonder where your pay went? Try looking in the dumpster next your your work ethics.

...yeah, I know I'm preachin to the choir, but I do have a point.

What? Are you pissed you couldn't get a real job or something? The VAST MAJORITY of us in the 121 world ARE professional and take a great deal of pride in the work we do. Grow up.

so the poor guy who died at work over the atlantic had a poor work ethic?

He sure did have a poor work ethic. He was over 60 and should have retired.

Pilots fly sick all the time which is not professional. An often heard statement in the cockpit as one pilot is hacking up a lung, "Its just allergies." No its pneumonia a$$ wipe and your getting everyone around you sick because you commute and cannot use your sick time to call in sick.

It is unprofessional and illegal behavior flying outside the parameters of your medical and a failure to follow the self certifying standards of the medical certificate. Just like all those LSA pilots flying around with an expired medical certificate with a known medical problem. It illegal.

What? Are you pissed you couldn't get a real job or something? The VAST MAJORITY of us in the 121 world ARE professional and take a great deal of pride in the work we do. Grow up.

If that's the case then why are all you professionals willing to undercut the standards of the next guy or company and race to the bottom?

Management beat the pilots by out smarting the pilots who thought they were so smart they could beat the system attacking each other. Professionals show high levels of integrity and ethics. Pilots are broke, drunk, divorced, womanizing, selfish, egoist, leaches, who need more attention. Management knows how to play the pilots like a fiddle.

You sir are a POS.....in case you don't know what POS stands for ... it means you're a f*&king worthless sack of sh!t for saying something so stupid. Even though this guys actions are unexcusable, this is a sickness.....

Just had a good buddy lose his certificates due to this sickness....Can't believe this sh!t is still happening in this day and age......

Net

Ahhh the apologist. It's a weakness, not a sickness. Just like nicotine, crack cocaine, meth, marijuana, Ho Ho's, Quarter Pounders, and Ben and Jerry's.

You CHOOSE it because you are WEAK.
Leukemia is a sickness.

Your buddy is weak, not sick.

Last edited:
Yes and No.

Yes the "poor guy" had a poor work ethic.

No, I don't wish I had a "Real Job" if by "Real Job" you mean "Your Job".

Last edited:
" Pilots are broke, drunk, divorced, womanizing, selfish, egoist, leaches, who need more attention."

Also: Hollywood actors, child stars, Retired NFL players, retired NBA players, politicians, retired MLB players, retired boxers, and washed up musicians.

Yes, every pilot is divorced.

So, this was a result of "sickness." I wonder how many DUIs are mitigated by claiming "I was sick." In my opinion, you can be a "sick" alcoholic in your house, at the company picnic, camping.... You can be a "criminal" alcoholic when you drive a car or try to fly an airplane. I can't believe someone actually came out and apologized for this guy and blamed his actions on a sickness. I hope (if guilty) this United pilot is forced by the inmates to give each and every dude a Blumpkin. Also, if your buddy tried to fly passengers while drunk, he should get Donkey Punched by all the inmates.

Last edited:
Idiot United pilots. He get what he deserves.

Gup

ps. thought I'd throw that out first since everyone pounces on SWA and our misfits. Actually I hope the Toothpaste Stealing Azzholes got overzealous and the United dude is completely innocent.

Jeez, you got me Gup. I was ready to jump all over you because I jumped to conclusion without seeing your disclaimer. Good one! I couldn't agree more that jumping on someone because of the paintjob on the airliner they fly is moronic. By an large most airline pilots are good people, any of us can have problems, and the ones who are quick to start pointing fingers and making harsh judgements are probably the most vulnerable of all, they just don't see it.

So, this was a result of "sickness." I wonder how many DUIs are mitigated by claiming "I was sick." In my opinion, you can be a "sick" alcoholic in your house, at the company picnic, camping.... You can be a "criminal" alcoholic when you drive a car or try to fly an airplane. I can't believe someone actually came out and apologized for this guy and blamed his actions on a sickness. I hope (if guilty) this United pilot is forced by the inmates to give each and every dude a Blumpkin. Also, if your buddy tried to fly passengers while drunk, he should get Donkey Punched by all the inmates.

Look... I don't agree with what this guy did and he needs to pay for his mistakes, just like the DUI guy you're talking about. But to come here and say the hell with the guy and his loss is someone's gain is cold and heartless and not necessary.

Believe it or not..... it is a sickness. I don't claim to understand it or agree with it, but it is classified as a sickness. No one in their "right mind" should be blowing anywhere near the limit of their company alcohol tolerance.... let alone be blowing over the limit set by their company, but guess why it happens? BECAUSE THEY ARE SICK!!!! get it?????

As for my buddy? I hate to say it, but he got what he deserved and he's going through the worst time in his life. It had to do with sim training and not the actual flying of the plane. Still doesn't make it right though.....

Net

Latest resources

Back