• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Drunk SWA pilot - Jay Leno

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jam, and thats the problem. Don't ever give up evidence your not required to give. Breathalizers are accurate, but not infallable; you want to bet your career on one? Don't give it up, walk away, like the SWA guy did, it stops all the problems.
Guilty, not guilty, whatever, they have no evidence.

Nothing forcing you to keep doing the job. Quit...then you can sleep all you want. This is America...live life on your terms...

As for this thread...I have no sympathy. Don't hang out at the bar/pub/restaurant on your layovers and you will have nothing to worry about.

Southwest's 123 deal is ridiculous in this day and age.

It amazes me after 20 years in this biz and the taboo alcohol has become that it is still a given that everyones going down for a few drinks every friggen single night of the trip. Amazing.

It's no secret the number of closet alcoholics in our biz.

Society's looking for it out of the corner of it's eye, so if you think sitting at the bar 13 hours before the person sitting next to you could see you sitting in the cockpit is ok...you're crazy.

Why put yourself in that situation?

Save it for your days off...and if you can't...might be time to enter your company's spin dry program...

Wow. You sound real fun to fly with. Unfortunately, we probably work for the same airline. Here's to hopefully never flying with you. There are rules for a reason. I have no problem finishing a beer 12 hours before I go on duty. I do not drink more than 3 drinks on any given overnight. That is my personal rule. That guarantees I will blow a .000 if I am ever called out.

walk away, like the SWA guy did, it stops all the problems.
Guilty, not guilty, whatever, they have no evidence.

Running into the bathroom to change out of uniform and then telling a cop that you partied hard? Hardly the actions of an innocent man. That is the last thing he should have done and goes a long way towards showing guilt. Way to go SWA.

One small detail: How did the flight go out on time?

If a pilot waits until he gets "busted" at the airport to call in sick, does anyone here really think the flight would leave on time? Unless WN has ready reserves at this particular airport, he MUST have called in sick earlier.

If a pilot waits until he gets "busted" at the airport to call in sick, does anyone here really think the flight would leave on time? Unless WN has ready reserves at this particular airport, he MUST have called in sick earlier.

Or they extended some poor sucker that just brought a plane in and was supposed to be going home.;)

Latest resources

Back