Drunk Again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hipster Loser said:
I once read this article in Flying magazine by Richard Collins who said him and a few guys had a few beers and went flying with a sober safty pilot in the right seat.

How about a link for the said article -

I once asked a retired FAA inpector his opinion on an author writing about illegal/silly things that happened in the cockpit. and his opinion was that there was no 'statute of limitations', so if you are stupid enough to write a book about stupid/illegal things you did in the cockpit, the FAA can still take your certificates.

Drinking before noon is generally socially unacceptable, unless you're doing one of three things - golfing, fishing or relaxing after work.

Last edited:
And by "relaxing after work" I know you mean that after being home for 12 days after a long two weeks on the road it's ok to relax with a martini at 8:30am on my balcony. I totally agree!

NoPax said:
How about a link for the said article -

I once asked a retired FAA inpector his opinion on an author writing about illegal/silly things that happened in the cockpit. and his opinion was that there was no 'statute of limitations', so if you are stupid enough to write a book about stupid/illegal things you did in the cockpit, the FAA can still take your certificates.

Drinking before noon is generally socially unacceptable, unless you're doing one of three things - golfing, fishing or relaxing after work.

This was not from an internet article. It was from an actual copy ofthe magazine Flying and it was at least 4+ yrs ago that I read it. Funny thing, I have a huge pile aviation magazines that have been sitting around for too long and I just put them aside to be thrown away. Luckily, they are still sitting there. Later tonight I will sift through them, but I cant gaurantee that I will find it. If I do, I will find a way to post the article. Maybe someone else might have read it as well. Like I said it was from yrs ago.

Latest resources

Back