Votes: 10 10.2%
  • Drop ALPA and form new Union

Votes: 45 45.9%
  • Keep ALPA

Votes: 37 37.8%
  • Do not care which union you are in

Votes: 6 6.1%

• Total voters
Let's see.....pay dues and have nothing done for me, or pay dues and at least get something in return......um....ALPA

From my brief exposure to the Teamsters, it would appear that we get the benefit of collective bargaining, and thats it. Period. Financial analysis, medical resources, a good means of communicating lessons learned ("Air Line Piot") are not there. The company took a hostage, and we haven't seen him since. Perhaps it's all we deserve, as the pilot group is united but not all that driven. I was raised in an ALPA family, and I'd go back had I the choice.

Let me reiterate Homer Jay's earlier comment, TEAMSTERS SUCK!!!

Having left them and joined ALPA with my present employer, things are much improved. Yes, ALPA has problems, but I would never ever ever ever want to go back to Teamsters.

Slight change in the conversation, go with n internal union (SW, AirTran). They seem to achieve the proper balance, and only represent the pilots. Dues don’t line the pockets of the DCN or someone’s personal retirement fund. Pilot due should benefit pilots, not politicians.

Internal union airlines seem to be growing:
AirTran
Southwest
Jet Blue (not ALPA, I don’t know if they have an internal union)

ALPA airlines seem to be dieing.

Family Man

Teamsters are the absolute worst union for pilots, dont even consider the option, unless you wnat ot pay 60.00 per month for the truckers magazine, CHQ voted down J4J the first time and instead of ALPA and Teamster support to set a trend for a new regional standard ALPA ran away and hid because in the end its all about DUES. Union impotence and government deregulation as well as true greed in managment and couple that with obscenly leveraged companies ( throw in 9/11) have left the industy in utter devestation. I was just up at flight options and they have 10000 resumes on file and I just talked to a guy in JET BLUE and they have approx. 11000 resumes on file. Unions are absolutely worthless. You knwo what they say "The best thing about a union is having the teamsters and the worst thing about having a union is having the teamsters" The only company that did it correctly was Comair, Kudos to those guys...

Not to mention you unwillingly support the DemocRATic party. Thanks Teamsters.

I think we should take a serious look at AFA. Combining the bargaining power of the FA's could be just the trick. The hard part would be negotiating the flow-back agreement.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back