• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Driving through the Rockies... I-70

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've done Silverton to Ouray. They don't call it little Switzerland for nothing!
I never went past Berthoud pass to Winter Park much. We used to hitchike up and snowboard down it though. What a blast!

Red Mountain? Are you kidding me? that's only exciting this time of year, after a big snow. :) Really pretty though. I'm a huge fan of Ouray--my Grandmother was born there before they issued birth certificates. Now she lives past Blackhawk, Central City and Nederland Park. 85 years old and still plows keeps her road open--that's where I must get it from.

Elwood Pass--now there's a road to separate the weak from the heartless. gorgeous too.

"Oh my god road" wasn't half bad. Kind of reminded me of driving up Antero Peak for some reason.

And it sure is amazing what has happened to Blackhawk/Central City. A dang shame I think.

Dan

And for the record: I live in the mountains in New Mexico, but I range far and wide. And I'm leaving for the great white north soon...

Silverton to Ouray . . . nice! Did that one on the way from Breckenridge to a Dead show in Mesa.

Latest resources

Back