Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skytrash969

im BROKE bitch im BROKE!!
How important is it to have a good driving record??? I dont have the best.......actually, im far from the best. I lost my licence 6 years ago for speeding. The reason Im asking is because ASA called and asked about my driving record on the phone interview. I'd hate to not get the job because of this.

Be honest and tell them what you learned from it. You better not have any recent tickets though. More problems after having lost your licence once would not paint a pretty picture. If you have no offenses after the suspense you will probably be ok.

Usually, depending on the airline, they look at your driving record for the past 2 to 5 years. Hopefully you've had less trouble in that time period.

I too had my license suspended almost exactly 6 years ago. I was under 18 and my state automatically suspended licenses for moving violations. I ran a red light and lost my license for 20 days.

It sucks having to answer yes to that question on EVERY application. I talked to my assistant chief about it and he was hired with a suspended license. He told me the interviewer was hoping to hear some cool story about him in a mustang doing 130mph with 3 chicks in it, but (all joking aside) all the interviewer meant by it was that it wasn't a show stopper. My boss got the job, so you shouldn't have a problem.

If you completed traffic school make sure you still put those tickets you did it for down. They don't get erased by simply going to school - I knew someone who thought they did and didn't put them down on an application and they yanked him out of ground school after checking their driving record.

~wheelsup

what is a show stopper though?
I know of at least a couple w/ dui's and accidents/incidents flying for feeders...they may be bottom feeders, but feeders none the less

Hey,
Think about it. If you display an ongoing disregard for motor vehicle rules and regulations, how long before you start disregarding FARs in a 25 million dollar A/C? The reason that operators look at driving records is for the reasons above. Clean up your act, avoid tickets show a pattern of responsibility by avoiding the law enforcment agencies.
PBR

Latest resources

Back