Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
tattoo13 said:
FOOLS

The correct answer would be to ask your fellow crew members how many drinks I need to order to catch up

Thats classic. That may be the funniest thing Ive ever seen on here.

Regional4life said:
I'm just curious. I've heard numerous comments on this one. And you can put as many different scenarios on this question as you want, but, let's make it specific. You walk in (as a Captain), see your crew drinking inside of the company rules (not the FAR's and it doesn't matter if it's 20 minutes or 2 hours, it's inside the legal rules period) and it appears that they no where near stopping (they have at least a full beer/drink and doesn't appear to be ready to quit.) What would you do? Would you let it go? Would you question the crew? Would you turn them in? I'm not looking for a bashing or flamebait session, and if it turns to that, I apologize, not my intention. I'm just curious what others think of crewmembers willfully violating the company alcohol policy. I know what I think, but I've heard others be pro and con versus the crew and the captain. Any responses?

Not a good idea to put your career or even your freedom on the line. Two America West pilots in Miami that will attest to that. Case law now exists that shows you can go to jail for a long time. I wouldn't want that precedence used against me.

Here is the interesting thing to me. There have been a few replies to this post, and yes, I am an XJ driver, but all those guys out there calling that Captain a jackass for supposedly turning in that FO haven't made a remark. (Okay, I'll admit, I haven't checked names, but I haven't seen any blasting remarks yet either). That's why I originally posted this topic. Are you guys not out there anymore? It's not flamebait, but you are so quick to judge other people, then I pose the question directly at you. What would you do in the same situation? It appears to me that you guys are blasting a guy (for something he didn't even do) and then can't back it up. Let me ask this then, does it come to a question of "I know the guy and I don't want to make waves" type of an attitude? Does it matter if you know the individual? At regional carriers, you probably do. So, honestly, if that captain had done what people suggested he did, is he an a-hole or was he protecting his career, his equipment, and his passengers?

Latest resources

Back