Drinking on the job?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Regional4life

I'm just curious. I've heard numerous comments on this one. And you can put as many different scenarios on this question as you want, but, let's make it specific. You walk in (as a Captain), see your crew drinking inside of the company rules (not the FAR's and it doesn't matter if it's 20 minutes or 2 hours, it's inside the legal rules period) and it appears that they no where near stopping (they have at least a full beer/drink and doesn't appear to be ready to quit.) What would you do? Would you let it go? Would you question the crew? Would you turn them in? I'm not looking for a bashing or flamebait session, and if it turns to that, I apologize, not my intention. I'm just curious what others think of crewmembers willfully violating the company alcohol policy. I know what I think, but I've heard others be pro and con versus the crew and the captain. Any responses?

On a public forum, semi-anonymous or not, it would be idiotic to say anything other than you would have to refuse to fly with that person i.e. someone is going to have to make a sick call. It's pretty cut and dry.

Any professional should have the self control to suck it up and sacrifice a little while they're on the job....don't drink within 12 hours. Trust me I've been tempted, but alcohol in any form just isn't good enough to waste a career on, even if it does mean the difference between getting laid or going back to the hotel room alone and watching skinamax.

FOOLS

The correct answer would be to ask your fellow crew members how many drinks I need to order to catch up

until they start doing random drug tests when you 1st check in for the day vs. waiting all day long after 5 legs then doing the random tests peoplewill be dumb when it comes this rule

This is the first time I've thought about what I would do. R4life you've asked a good question, I'll stay chimed in. Hell, Maybe I can learn something.

How about another one...

What would you do if you came downstairs to meet your crew in the hotel bar and your captian was seating there wearing a dress?

PropsR4Boats said:
How about another one...

What would you do if you came downstairs to meet your crew in the hotel bar and your captian was seating there wearing a dress?

Tell her she looks nice.

Latest resources

Back