• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dress Code!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just show up with a picket sign and a suit. Instant HIRE!!!

Seven years ago when I was interviewing I didn't have the money to go buy a suit. I showed up at comair, co-ex, great lakes, and mesaba interviews wearing nice khakis (sp?) and a dress shirt with tie. All in all I think I spent around $60 - $70 which was a ton of money for me at that time. I was offered the job at every company except co-ex and that had nothing to do with the way I was dressed. It was a confrontational interview that went downhill from the start but that's another story.

Maybe there's a "dress code" now but I think the important thing is to look nice and present yourself as a professional and you'll do fine. There's no need to look like your going to the oscars or something. Granted I stuck out like a sore thumb at my interviews but I didn't let that bother me. Good luck and don't overthink the what clothes do I wear thing. That's the least of your concern..........

Pilotmaker.....

My interview was over several days.

First day- sign waivers

Second day- Talent show

Third day- Swimsuit competition

It was rough, but I made it. Couldn't sit for weeks after my first few paychecks, however, it was worth it.

Kidding aside, interviews are one day events. Maybe if regionals were very choosy back several years ago they were two days, but have never heard of it. Good luck, and buy the suit. Real suit, not the uh, swimsuit.

OK...

I have had limited experience with the interview process both with the previous hiring regime, and the current one.

Bottom line, if you "really" want the job, at least show enough interest to wear a jacket and tie. A suit would be preferrable, but not required. I would think it's safe to say this will apply with ANY airline interview, not just Expressjet. You might get by without a jacket (doubtful), but if you are too lazy to even wear a tie... That sends a clear message to the interviewer.

A decent suit for your first interview should be a priority right up there with your last rating. This is not anything new people...

Space Wrangler said:
taylored suit with a white, 100% cotton, spread collar shirt that has been dry cleaned with medium starch. Conservative tie, with stripes, or a simple pattern, and black lace up shoes that have been shined.

No jewelry (other than a wedding band): this means bracelets, earrings, pinky rings, etc.

what exactly is a spread collar shirt...? One that does not button (collar flaps) down?
Basically what you wear to a funeral?!!!

If you're going to XJT, don't forget your Level IIIa flak jacket with trauma plate. You'll need it if you ever flew a twin without going to FlightfrigginSafety beforehand.

Cardinal said:
If you're going to XJT, don't forget your Level IIIa flak jacket with trauma plate. You'll need it if you ever flew a twin without going to FlightfrigginSafety beforehand.
huh...are they that tuff?

Hey,
I might suggest the light blue thong, black flipflops. DO not forget the Braziliian wax, and go ahead and continue it down past the 'taint and up past the middle of the back for that smooth fresh look .Remember back hair is not in season!
BaaaaHaaa
PBR
P.S. If your tan is not up to summer standards, go with the black thong!

huh...are they that tuff?
I had 30 hours PIC logged in a Cessna 402, acquired solely on Part 91 "dead legs" and they had a problem with it, arguing that, although being legal, the insurance company probably thought that the other guy was flying. While that was the case, the interviewers acted like the time was dishonestly logged and I was trying to pull one over on XJT. I disagreed. I don't log fishy time, it's not like I was trying to claim SIC in a single-pilot airplane. They even asked if I had a Form 8410 for the airplane, which baffles me. It's a single pilot airplane, and I'd think that creating a way to log seatwarming right seat time with an 8410 checkout is far more disingenuous and deceptive than logging legit PIC in an aircraft that you're rated and qualified for. Anyway, your mileage may vary.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back