Dreamliner 737 for Southwest?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

obadie

Rumor has it that Southwest is talking to Boeing to develop a Dreamliner 737. Anyone else heard of this?

heard the same rumor... same day and place as you... heard nothing else since.

That is nothing new... It is pretty well known that Boeing is planning to build a 737 sized aircraft based on 787 tech. Exactly what that will be, and when we will see it is unknown.

I would expect that SWA would be one of the first in line for such an aircraft, but they will be pissed that Boeing won't offer it with Round Dials! (I kid I kid!)

I can fully see many of the large US airlines lining up for such a plane. AA and DAL need MD-80 replacements, CAL will buy anything Boeing puts out.

This may be the a/c NWA is waiting for to replace the 9.

I asked Herb last month (ran into him, no joke) about that. He said they are still working on the engines for the follow on 737 and that will determine the size of the aircraft. So stay tuned!

Boeing started the 787 with -800 and -900's with the intention of making smaller varients that will be the -100's/-200's/etc. I've been told it will be the 737 replacement.

this is nothing new - and it's not just SWA talking with Boeing. Our VP of ops told us that we (AAI, along with other airlines were getting together with Boeing to help design the next 73.... This was 1 1/2 years ago....

this is nothing new - and it's not just SWA talking with Boeing. Our VP of ops told us that we (AAI, along with other airlines were getting together with Boeing to help design the next 73.... This was 1 1/2 years ago....
You believe everything your VP of Ops tells you? Did he also tell you that Santa is alive and well? What a loser.

737 RS is still 5 to 7 years out due to engine manufacturing issues. They can't produce a more efficient engine yet, and that is what the RS will be all about.

Google it, it's old news.

I can't believe no one got to this before me, but.... How much you think a type rating will cost ya for that thing??? Come on now, I kid, I kid...

Latest resources

Back