• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dr. Vlahos retiring !!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I plan on returning to United after recall and will retire from United prior to age 60 once I have secure pass benefits for life.

Don't you read the news or understand the industry. There are no pass privileges because there will probably be no airline when you "retire," and even if there is, those benefits are worthless unless you want to standby for days at the airport. You must have been kidding or way out of touch with your comment about passes.

You also seem to not understand that you may never be recalled; and again, even if you are, you'll only be there for a very few years (unless you work past age 60). The industry is in turmoil because of you and your "get out of my seat" crowd that was responsible for dividing the Union at a critical time. You divided the airline with BS about age 60, and that BS is being proven every day. OK, so divided you fell, just as I warned you. I have no sympthy for you. Your dreams of being an airline captain are just that: Dreams. It's too bad you and your crowd took so many good people down with you, including the Union.

Don't forget; too, most of your crowd voted Republican every year, and look what you got. Can anybody believe that Union members voted Republican. But that is the mindset of the military pilot.

You have said that I am bitter, I am going to tell you again that I have no bitterness toward you or your friends. I'm actually quite happy to be out of the airline world. I would be pleased to have a drink with you anytime so I can tell you all this right to your face. Please let me know when you're in town.

Now do I sound bitter. I just ride my Goldwing and fly my new airplane.

Last edited:
Anyone been to the guy working out of Valahos' office?? I forget his name but does he do anything or does he fill out the paperwork and send you on your way in the spirit of Dr. V.

I did a physical with Dr. Vlahos in January. I asked him about the retirement and he said that he thought he would continue to do physicals about once a week or so. Give his office a call - he may still be doing them.

DO NOT go to Dr. Sam Scott in Downtown D.C. He charges $200!

Saw the good doc just this past week. He says a Dr Patel will be taking over his practice with the same phone number. His nurse is retiring at end of year so it was best to do the same, but he did say to call early and check which days he would be "helping the new doctor out" from time to time.

Doc V sends greetings to all...

I've used both Patel (if it is Anil Patel, MD) and Vlahos in the past. Patel is a good enough guy. Had an issue I reported through Patel and he worked fast to get it resolved for me, no delay in issuance. No complaints.

To all the idiots out there revealing the pilot friendly ame names. Don't you for a minute think that there will be some unfriendly eyes monitoring these sites and you can f..k it up for them and the rest of us. Take your head out of your a..es:angryfire

I did a physical with Dr. Vlahos in January. I asked him about the retirement and he said that he thought he would continue to do physicals about once a week or so. Give his office a call - he may still be doing them.

I did and he is officially done. He was doing them on Wed. only for a month or so but now he is done.

I'm going to try Comundale recommended above.

To all the idiots out there revealing the pilot friendly ame names. Don't you for a minute think that there will be some unfriendly eyes monitoring these sites and you can f..k it up for them and the rest of us. Take your head out of your a..es:angryfire

Could be, but the names I mentioned performed the physical in accordance with FAA requirements. He is pilot friendly because he wanted to help me, LEGALLY! and with my long term health in mind. Which is what I paid him for.
No implications of impropriety in my post!

Went to Comundale today and it was a very very weird experience being in the guys house but very Valahos like. In and out 10 minutes.

I recommend..

Latest resources

Back