• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dr. Vlahos retiring !!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I highly recommend Dr. Robert Comunale -- I've been using him for five years. He is in McLean, VA, and he works out of his house. His schedule seems flexible, and he takes last-minute appointments.

Check him out at www.flightdoctor.com

What kind of idiot advocates a more rigorous FAA Class I physical? Besides what you obviously fail to understand is that the FAA physical depends on the applicant’s honesty. Failure to state recent past medical history is grounds for revocation of all certificates. Only a fool would try to hide a medical condition, the result is that the FAA physicals do reveal problems if they exist. Therefore it is not necessary for a more rigorous on site exam as you seem to advocate. Such an exam as you suggest will only ground healthy pilots until they are able to prove otherwise, by spending $100K or so.

BTW: Don't think you'll be returning to airline work, do you?

The kind of idiot who advocates a more stringent FAA physical is the one who is concerned about safety. Something that you snub your nose at.
As for depending on the honesty of the applicant, that is a huge flaw in the system. You have proven time and again on this board that you lack a moral compass. I have no doubt that you would have no remorse for lying on your medical. And I doubt that you are alone among the pilot population.

As for my return to airline work, you're proving that you are one of the biggest a-holes in existance. I returned to United on 1 April 2008. I returned to military leave status on 3 November 2008. I will be furloughed again in February 2009.

I returned to military leave status on 3 November 2008. I will be furloughed again in February 2009.
Your answer didn't answer the question:

"Don't think you'll be returning to airline work, do you?"

I would guess that if you ever get an opportunity to do airline work again it will require you to fly past age 60. So after you've "retired" from you're military job, and if you want to double-dip and do airline work you should send a thank you note to all the pilots you have so criticized regarding age 60. But I forgot, you are going to retire at age 60 and give up your big chance to ever work for the airlines.

So what is it, still planning on retiring at age 60?

I'm sure that you won't have trouble finding one...once OBAMAS socialized medicine is enacted, plenty of docs will be looking for an extra buck.

Well since you're not in the medical field, you really have no idea what you're talking about. Try looking into his proposed plan. It doesn't even approach "socialized medicine".

Wow...

That's sad news indeed! Even though I haven't lived or worked in DC for years, it was always nice to know he was there in case I needed him.

Saw the good doc just this past week. He says a Dr Patel will be taking over his practice with the same phone number. His nurse is retiring at end of year so it was best to do the same, but he did say to call early and check which days he would be "helping the new doctor out" from time to time.

Doc V sends greetings to all...

I highly recommend Dr. Robert Comunale -- I've been using him for five years. He is in McLean, VA, and he works out of his house. His schedule seems flexible, and he takes last-minute appointments.

Check him out at www.flightdoctor.com

I'll second this. Dr. Comunale is excellent. It will take you more time to fill out the paperwork than the physical will take.

Been using him for 10 years. Bring him a plastic model airplane from your airline and he'll be even more grateful. Pilots have been bringing them to him for years and he has a large collection.

So what is it, still planning on retiring at age 60?

I plan on returning to United after recall and will retire from United prior to age 60 once I have secure pass benefits for life.
My previous financial planning allows me to not work another day in my life if I wanted to; I prefer to work. The amount that I pay in income taxes due to investment income for this year exceeds the wages that I am paid - and I'm an O-5 on flight pay. Unlike you, I did not piss away my paychecks during my prime working years.

But yes, thanks to people like you, I'll be furloughed again, along with many others who already spent several years on furlough. You are a fine representative of the greediest generation.

I can't help but laugh at you; you're a bitter shell of a man who has contributed nothing to society during your lifetime. All of the posts that I've seen from you are filled with anger toward the world. Your fate couldn't happen to a nicer person.

Dr Kesseler at Shady Grove. 301 354 2900

Latest resources

Back