• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Downgrades at ACA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They are furloughing down to ~785 pilots, or so they say. Getting rid of 20 or so airplanes (possibly more). I believe that takes us down to about 65 CRJ's and 3 busses (I think). At 5 crews per aircraft and all the management types, 785 sounds like a fairly accurate number.

Looking at the senority list and dividing in 2, half CA's, half FO's, a junior CA would be hired around Aug-Sept of 1998 and the most junior pilot having a June 2000 hire date. Basically, if they go down to 785 pilots, everybody on property was/could have held CA prior to all the furloughs.

However, we are supposed to get a FEW more busses this year, they are going to have to crew them somehow. 785 may be a low number. For those of us who happen to be at about the 785 number it sucks, just waiting to get the "official furlough notice" so I can make a freakin choice as far as what to do.

Jump ship to another airline and hang out at the bottom of the list on reserve for years, or ride it out and hope the furlough dosen't quite touch me, and be at the bottom of the list, on reserve, for years.

Should have gone to dental school.

Last edited:
Actually we have 3 busses on the line right now and 2 more on the property. Total 2005 Deliveries will be either 12 or 17, depending on financing. (Probably 12.)

Probably 63 CRJs by summer (down from 87.)

Ouch! The ship is a sinkin. What were they thinkin? Should have stuck with UAL. It's really a bitczh when you stand by your principals and ignore common sense.

Displacements are supposed to go back to a 4/26/99 hire date.

Lequip, don't even get us started down that already covered many times road. Have a nice day.

Fly

United!!!!!! Did you say United? The Titanic of US Commercial Aviation. That is like telling California Power Companies that Enron was the answer to their problems.

With the exception of a few, just about every regional airline is dependant on the health of their mainlin partner. You guys were one that WAS dependant on UAL. Yes they were hurting and jerking you guys around but your idiot management commited corporate suicide by going alone. ACA had a nice comfy life preserve and they ditched it in exchange for a piece of crappy driftwood. Now ACA / Indy is getting what everyone knew was going to happen. The writing was on the wall a long time ago. The inevidable is finally showing up. Nice try Indy....NOT!

Latest resources

Back