Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SiuDude

Internet tough guy
Make that 2 centuries. So a no fly zone would prevent terrorists from flying into buildings? Maybe he should ban guns too so that no one gets killed....oh wait.

(AP) CHICAGO Chicago Mayor Richard Daley has renewed his call for a no-fly zone over downtown.

Daley's demand comes amid news that the US government foiled a terrorist plan to fly an airplane into a Los Angeles skyscraper.

President Bush said yesterday that the government got the help of a Southeast Asian nation to arrest an al-Qaida operative before the plot was carried out.

Daley said yesterday that the city is no safer from a terrorist attack involving an airplane than it was before September Eleventh, 2001.

He says the federal government should create tight flight restrictions over all metropolitan areas.

Daley cited terrorism concerns when he quietly ordered the demolition of the runway at Meigs Field in 2003.

While he's at it, he should ban all shipping and rail service from the Chicago area. Actually, those should be first... They pose a far greater threat than general aviation does.

While we're at it, lets just tear down every building over two stories and we'll all go back to horse and buggy.

-mini

Yeah, I like it. I used to fly into Meigs, get downtown quick, no prob. Then the Daley Raiders turned it into a friggin park. Now I fly into MDW, cab for 30-40 min. Crowding an already over crowded airport.

And the SOB want's to expand ORD, instead of building new. New would make sense, expanding ORD is nothing more than politics, what more would you expect from that MORON.

If he puts a TFR over downtown, lets make it a meaningful one. No SWA jets turning right after departure. He should close ORD, too, because you never know....

What was BOEING thinking when they relocated there??

Whatever...even WITH the no-fly zone, I could take off from MDW (especially rwy 4) and be slamming my plane into the Sears tower (or any other bldg for that matter) within 60 seconds (turbine pwrd). What exactly will a no-fly zone do? Punish the law-abiding while doing nothing to prevent a person hell-bent on crashing into a structure.

The problem is, we need to be telling this to people who can do something about it, not complaining about it on this message board.

ALPA?
AOPA
NBAA

call 'em and speak your mind!

"A no-fly zone?! And permanent at that! Ak Al Kabba, these Americans are too clever for us! All operatives, abort Project Virgin 70 now!!! Repeat, abort!!! We are defeated. All is lost!"

What every would-be suicide pilot fears the most :A LOI! (DUM DUM DUM DUM!)

I can just see it now:

To: Mr. Mohammed Al-Sadik aka Abu Kabum:

This office is investigating an incident on February 9, 2006 involving Aircraft N666AQ, a Boeing 727, in which airspace was violated in the vicinity of Chicago IL. Upon further investigation, it has come to the attention of this office that you were intent on terminating the flight in question with extensive loss of life, including your own, that the aircraft was flown in an unairworthy condition, and that the aircraft in question was in violation of the Hazmat Transportation Code. This office is investigating the following violation(s) of FARs:

Operation of a U.S. registered civil airacraft with the intent of causing mass death and destruction is in violation of FAR 91.13 Careless and Reckless Operation.

Operation in a TFR No-fly zone is in violation of FAR 91.139 Emergency Air Traffic Rules.

Attempting to fly an aircraft into a man-made structure is in violation of FAR 91.119 (b) Minimum Safe Altitude over a congested area.

This office is also investigating subsequent revelation that the aircraft was carrying various materials classified as Dangerous Goods/Hazmat without proper certification; that the aircraft was flown in violation of its approved MEL (specifically a damaged cockpit door lock was not properly entered into the aircraft maintenance record and properly labeled), as well as observation by tower personel after your diversion to MKE that your approach and subsequent landing were deemed to be " extremely deficient".

We are therefore proposing a re-test of your Airman Proficiency under section 709; a 120-day suspension of your FAA pilot certificate, and a civil penalty of $1500 (1,110,325 Kopeks).

We invite you to respond to this matter and enter any explanation you wish at this time as part of this investigation.

Sincerely,

Waldo Pepper
Operations Inspector

Daley should just shut down ORD and MDW. It is the only right thing to do!

The guy is an idiot!

CRJDispatchKid said:
Daley lives in a new high-rise condo downtown. Do you think that has anything to do with it?!

Actually he lives in a new 2 story townhouse development just west of Meigs..I mean Northerly Island, on Indiana Ave.

Latest resources

Back