• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Double occupancy during training?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually, Mesa doen't pay for your room until you finish ground school. So single or double occupancy is your choice. During sim and other training after ground it's single occupancy. DEN is much better for sim than PHX (for the CRJ). Although you'll still end up at the Del Ghetto at some point.

You get your own room at Comair, but only for 1 week! At least you're paid during training. Come here and get trained for a furlough slot!! At least you'll be able to log some sim time!!

At Pinnacle we had to share a room @ The Holiday Inn but once we moved (after 2 weeks) we had our own room at the Homestead. This was the case for our class

Mesaba, as messed up as it currently is, has been single occupancy. Yes, double occupancy is unacceptable. And yes, I will be unemployed, and stay that way, if necessary, rather than take a job at a company that is so disrespectful and cheap as to require double occupancy. Cheap f#cking b@stards.

The only ones that I know of that paid for single occupancy, is Whisky, The "old" Mesaba, and I think PSA. The rest want to see some dude love. And Mesa wants you to pay for your hotel (but at least they have a contract). :D

ASA pays for single occupancy during training, it does happen to be at the red roach inn, but still get your own room.

Horizon also is two to a room.

Through indoc and systems (in PDX) -- about a month. Own room through sim.

Oh and if you're the only female in your class, obviously you'll get a room to yourself. And if there are an odd number of either gender, the senior new-hire will get his/her own room.

If you have other arrangements for a place to stay in PDX while in ground school, don't be a dufus and call and cancel your room. Let your classmates work it out. Keep the company out of it.

P.S. I agree it is cheap and degrading, not unlike being a regional FO in general.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back