DOT Awards Polar Air Cargo Four Additional China Frequencies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whale Rider said:
Don't forget UPS is opening a huge 744 base in ANC.
Here is the UPS ANC LOA. HERE IN PDF
Judging from the comments made from the same source as this document, Polaroids need not apply. Good luck everyone else.

actually between the two carriers, the one who will take it the furthest up the tail is the one who will fly said new birds. amazing how new aircraft announcements will be made and deliveries guessed at right in the middle of contract negotiations. lets see how will it sound during the neg session

cato: well boys, polar says they will take a pay cut to fly these airplanes, what is the atlas group willing to do to keep the new airframes in your hangar??

Atlas: well, we will match that pay cut and keep screwing over the junior pilots at stn with no gateway for them...

cato: hmmm sounds interesting let me get back to you on that one. (rings BOBBBBBBBB) hey bob, the atlas boys say they will take a pay cut to take your flying in those new airframes, what are you going to offer???

the point is, dont get all riled up over what a news agency says about an inside source. AAWW has not placed any orders for new aircraft, and if they do we all will have a fight on our hands to keep all the ex 89th from selling us all down the river in order to fly them.... AAWW takes all thier plays from the high school business management 101 book. dont let them get to you. the whipsaw continues.

treetopflyer

stansted stepchild

heilhaavir said:
Exactly treetop. Neither side will ever understand that.
Well, I wouldn't exactly say that. There were a number of attempts to work together from one side and it actually worked until the non-Atlas side either saw an opportunity to move ahead a few steps or were expected to hold up their side of any union to union agreements.

I think the last straw was when the Atlas side went to bat again refusing to cross LEGAL picket lines testing the "NO STRIKE AGREEMENT" which the Polar MEC was fully aware of. ALPA National Legal did not know for certain if it would hold water and said "good luck guys but don't expose National to liability" to the Atlas MEC. What great support we pay for at ALPA.

Only a later, a ruling by the court held up our right not to cross a LEGAL picket line. Any Legal picket line whether for Delta, Northwest, FedEx, UPS, or any other legal picket line. As I understand ALPA legal correctly, this is a first. It is either TRO or TRO2 at Polar Behaving Badly that upholds this.

None of the same can be claimed by the non-Atlas side.

i think we would be better represented by our own union, not alpa. it seems to work well for UPS? no? what does it take to get alpa decomissioned at AAWW? a vote? I have been a member for 5+ years and have seen nothing but backpedaling and concessionary contracts leading to no stability and no pensions and no more top tier jobs. Hell, Alpa wont even let us hire our own professional neg. for our contract, we have to use one of thiers. Now how is that in my best interest if an alpa man with his own agenda (read DUES) is fighting for pay raises when really all we need is scope and some QOL stuff and guaranteed accountability from purchase for contract violations.

someone answer me that one.

sorry for being so logical on flightinfo.

treetopflyer said:
i think we would be better represented by our own union, not alpa. it seems to work well for UPS? no? what does it take to get alpa decomissioned at AAWW? a vote? I have been a member for 5+ years and have seen nothing but backpedaling and concessionary contracts leading to no stability and no pensions and no more top tier jobs. Hell, Alpa wont even let us hire our own professional neg. for our contract, we have to use one of thiers. Now how is that in my best interest if an alpa man with his own agenda (read DUES) is fighting for pay raises when really all we need is scope and some QOL stuff and guaranteed accountability from purchase for contract violations.

someone answer me that one.

sorry for being so logical on flightinfo.
I believe we are coming to the time frame that allows us to decertify ALPA on the Atlas property. I'm not completely up to speed on it, but it has been discussed and does require a vote. May not be a good idea during the ongoing merger arbitration with Polar though.

An arbitration btw that even the arbitor started asking questions of the Polar witnesses to determine their character after they evaded answering Atlas questions. Followed by a statement from the arbitor that one side (starts with a P) is particularly lucky that it is a civil proceeding and not a criminal one in which perjury is enforced against differently with jail time.

Their is a meeting in ANC Aug 29th. Maybe you can fit that in under as an agenda item if it's not too late for that meeting. We can get the ball rolling on it. Otherwise, you have to wait till the next meeting. I believe you can have another do it by proxy.

Last edited:
If you think management's steam rolling you guys now while you're an ALPA represented workforce, just wait until you de-certify and form your own in-house union. You ain't seen nothing yet!! Don't believe me? Ask any Fed Ex or Continental pilot out there active in union affairs. Both were previously represented by ALPA at one time , de-certified , and are represented by ALPA once again. Ever stop and wonder why?

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:
I tend to agree. With a pilot group this small, we have no choice but ALPO. It sucks big time, but there is really no alternative.

If we were as big as UPS or AA we could have our own in house union. But we are not, nor will we ever be.

First off,its "ALPA",not "ALPO" contrary to how you might feel about the organization. And you're wrong when you say there is no alternative to ALPA representation. You can always vote in the Teamsters,I guess. Don't know much about the one way or the other,but I seem to get the impression that they do a pretty good job for the Airborne Express pilots. Any Airborne guys or gals care to chime in?

PHXFLYR

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back