• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dornier 328Jet "Envoy 3"............

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LYLE IS THAT YOU? DOING YOUR HOMEWORK? HA H AHA HA HA HA. BOSS IS SHOWING ALOT OF INTEREST IN THIS AIRPLANE FOR SOME REASON. wE ARE TRYING TO TALK HIM OUT OF IT. bUT HE LIKES THE CABIN SIZE, PRICE.

We re trying to convince him on a Lear 55 or a 45 for the kids. But he said he could get these envoys for a heack of a low price. For what he can get one for and the Cabin size. I dont think here is much else in te same category as far as size vs price. He doesnt need anything that would fly father than lets say new york dominican republic. What are those crjs going for? are they ready to go corporate version?

I don't know the price but I'm sure that you could get a good deal on one. I flew one for three years and I never really saw anything that was a red flag as far as dispatch reliability. If you pulled out the overhead bins and the tight seats you could have 20 "very" nice seats installed and still have a lot of room. You have a 3500 lb limitation if I remember right on the cargo bin, so there would be no need for overhead bins with 20 people. It would make a nice reliable shuttle aircraft, since that is basically what it was designed for.

Yeah, saw one for sale but no price.

That would make a hell of corporate jet interior for sure, as well as performance in that configuration.

Can't find that company.

I dunno what to tell you, but believe me, the 2 J328s in LFT are operating under the "Western Airways" name (at least that's what their parking lot says). I don't know who owns/operates them, and Western Airways might just be a dba name, but they are definitely there; you might call Odyssey and see if they know specifically.

I don't think they are Envoys but configured as an airliner because all they do is haul oil field workers to Houston and on to somewhere in Mexico and back.

Last edited:
I dunno what to tell you, but believe me, the 2 J328s in LFT are operating under the "Western Airways" name (at least that's what their parking lot says). I don't know who owns/operates them, and Western Airways might just be a dba name, but they are definitely there; you might call Odyssey and see if they know specifically.

I don't think they are Envoys but configured as an airliner because all they do is haul oil field workers to Houston and on to somewhere in Mexico and back.

Western Airways is a 135 outfit out of SGR that is owned by a company in Lafayette. One of the guys in our hangar used to fly the D-Jet, next time I see him I'll ask what the story is. But IIRC those planes are on someone elses certificate.
edit:

Last edited:
You know which company is operating them?

I was told they are used to change out oil crews for Frank's casing company. Don't know who operates them for Frank's, or if they are even operated by someone else.

Con- Fairchild/Dornier is out of business. You are pretty much forced to deal with AvCraft Inc. out of KMYR for parts and heavy MX. I don't want to throw to many stones but if you do a Google search on there CEO BB, you might find you want to think twice about having to deal with them. They are pretty much the only show in town (It least North America). Trust me after having flown and instructed in the aircraft I know you will become very familiar with one particuliar part of the plane. The dreaded 1VE panel. Pretty much count on most of the Gremlin messages being linked to it.
The other posters are spot on about the Pro's. launching out of KBTV I swear I could almost climb with the Green Mountain Boys. A/C would definitely go up.
As long as you mashed the correct rudder on a V1 cut, It was pretty much a non-event. I saw 1500fpm to 2000fpm sustained SE at MTW. Hardest thing in the sim was the two engine go with a level off at 1,500ft. at KLGA
It was a fun A/C. Slower than snail snot but fun.

Latest resources

Back