Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fly91

Registered Pilot
Anyone ever fly this aircraft corporate Part 91?

Possible gig, just curious. Looks like a pretty nice plane for short flights and a heck of big cabin.

...i did, put only a 100 hours or so 9 years ago...

as you say biiiig cabin for a small price - for short trips. And don´t start compairing it with jet aircrafts, it´s a turboprop with jet engines.

+ are: cabin, cargo, nice roomy cockpit, price, APU and toilett (at a price you get a citation jet)

- are: cruise at 360-395 kt´s, max FL350, no speed brake, no reverse - but good brakes, heavy flight controls, and you are always sitting in a 8000ft cabin !

...i did, put only a 100 hours or so 9 years ago...

as you say biiiig cabin for a small price - for short trips. And don´t start compairing it with jet aircrafts, it´s a turboprop with jet engines.

+ are: cabin, cargo, nice roomy cockpit, price, APU and toilett (at a price you get a citation jet)

- are: cruise at 360-395 kt´s, max FL350, no speed brake, no reverse - but good brakes, heavy flight controls, and you are always sitting in a 8000ft cabin !

I hear it can take off like a ROCKET.... At least that's what my former ACA buddies used to tell me.

I flew it as CA at ACA.

Pro's:
* Nice avionics package (for 2000-2001) VNAV; vertical profile on HSI display and systems pages on EICAS ...
* Great climber (10,000 fpm sustained if it was light/winter)
* Relatively roomy cockpit
* The most comfortable pax cabin of any RJ.

Con's:
* It broke -- a lot.
* Had a cheap, plastic-and-velcro feel to it, far worse than an Airbus.
* Was a moving roadblock at altitude (one profile had us cruising at .66)
* The packs had a hard timing keeping it cool in the summer
* Noisy cockpit.
* The APU had no auto-fire-fighting feature, thus we could not leaving it running unattended (this is probably a package ACA went cheap with.)

Damn, too bad about the "cons".....I don't like those cons.

They are also thinking about a Legacy, but they needed just a bit more passenger seats. It will only be for 800-1,400nm trips and it will be a scheduled 91 op, thats why they're not thinking about the big dollar G550/Global stuff. Already have a G5, but its used for other flights for the company.

how bout a crj-200....I'm sure you could find one pretty cheap now that they are being slowly phased out of some airlines regional structure. You could yank out all the seats and go back with however many you needed and have a very spacious cabin.

how bout a crj-200....I'm sure you could find one pretty cheap now that they are being slowly phased out of some airlines regional structure. You could yank out all the seats and go back with however many you needed and have a very spacious cabin.

I really have nothing to do with the selection process. I was offered a job with this company last year when they were going to get the Legacy. I just spoke to them yesterday asking if I was still available that they were settling on something soon.

I think your choice is excellent in the CRJ-200. Just checked it out, it would be perfect with a corporate interior. I would assume it could seat about 20 in a moderate corporate set-up. Not talking about big giant seats, but nice and comfortable. A max of 20 is what they'd like to carry. Short trips like they're planning on would be quite nice for that plane.

What would one go for $$$???

Last edited:
I don't know the price but I'm sure that you could get a good deal on one. I flew one for three years and I never really saw anything that was a red flag as far as dispatch reliability. If you pulled out the overhead bins and the tight seats you could have 20 "very" nice seats installed and still have a lot of room. You have a 3500 lb limitation if I remember right on the cargo bin, so there would be no need for overhead bins with 20 people. It would make a nice reliable shuttle aircraft, since that is basically what it was designed for.

Latest resources

Back