Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dornier 328 Jet Pilots at ACA or Comair?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Heavy Set

IF things continue to move along and ACA becomes Independence Air as planned, what is likely to become of the Delta Dornier Jet feed? I have heard that the 328 Jets could be purchased by Delta (per a contract) and then used by Comair. If this happens, would all/most Dornier 328 Jet pilots go to Comair?

If you currently fly the DoJet for ACA, do you want to go to Comair or would you rather stay with the growing Independence Air? Do you have a choice in the matter?

What is your current preference and how do you think this will be handled?

I'm certainly no expert, but from a jump seater or two that I spoke with it seems as they would rather not come over to Comair to fly the Dojet...........any ACA folks have the real answer?

PS...I wish you guys luck in airbus venture........It will be interesting to see if the industry can handle another low-cost carrier.....

I would rather stick it out where I am. I think most people around my seniority (3/00 hire) feel the same way. I've seen a mix of opinions from our FO's. Probably depends upon where they are on the seniority list.

I don't think that they could force the 328 guys to leave involuntarily since it would have to completely disregard seniority. The most senior 328 guy is #52 out of 1616 on the most recent list.

2 variables need to be answered before I decide:

1) If the MESA hostile takeover is successful, than yes, leave ACA

2) If Dornier pilots volunteer to go to Comair are given recall rights back to ACA - then sure, why not - Comair is an outstanding company. (I would assume there would be fences due to training costs.) If there are no recall rights back to ACA, then I am going to roll the dice and stay at ACA.

46Driver said:

2) If Dornier pilots volunteer to go to Comair are given recall rights back to ACA - then sure, why not - Comair is an outstanding company. (I would assume there would be fences due to training costs.) If there are no recall rights back to ACA, then I am going to roll the dice and stay at ACA.

i doubt that is a variable since comair mgt would never allow a pilot to hold a seniority # at another airline. they would say either go comair or stay at aca

Yeah, that probaby is true--they couldn't help our Delta furloughs either. That policy is obviously SET IN STONE.

Bye Bye--General Lee;) :rolleyes:

General Lee said:
Yeah, that probaby is true--they couldn't help our Delta furloughs either. That policy is obviously SET IN STONE.

Bye Bye--General Lee;) :rolleyes:

Since when is it their job or duty to "help" any furloughed pilot. If they did decide to "help", would you want them to only "help" Delta pilots? Or all pilots from all major airlines? Let it go Gen., that play by your MEC has already been exposed for what it was.

Anaconda said:
i doubt that is a variable since comair mgt would never allow a pilot to hold a seniority # at another airline. they would say either go comair or stay at aca

The exception to this might be Comair would waive that rule to prevent a training bubble. Simulators for the Dornier are few and far between. So to have the 300-400 pilots and provide uninterrupted service, this could be a possibility. Just an idea.

I am pretty sure Delta wouldn't bring ACA DO328 pilots into the fold for One simple reason MONEY, Comair just told em to pound sand on wage consessions. Do you really think they would bring in that many pilots at Comair rates? Thoughts?
Not intended as flame bait.

Jobear

It's not really worth speculating about at this time. I guess there are some people who know what is going to happen, but they certainly don't hang out on flightinfo.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back