• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Doomed

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok, at the current hiring rate at most regionals and the lower standards for times for new FOs, what will be the situation a year from now? Lets think about it. Hire a 250 hour guy/gal fly them as much as possible and a year from now you get a 1250 hour pilot with little experience and not enough time to upgrade.

My point here is that a year from now, considering the mass exodus of current pilots to the majors or other industries, who will be qualified to back fill their positions? I think this industry is in real trouble a year from now. What do you think?

I would recommend quitting flying and opening a 141 flight school.

Well all these few hundred hour pilots who thought they hit the motherload with low requirements at airlines will be shocked when the smart Captains point to the gear handle and say..... Welcome to the airlines, congrats.

I would recommend quitting flying and opening a 141 flight school.
Flight schools are folding fast, not enough students to keep them in business, huge pilot shortage coming soon, good news for us!

Well all these few hundred hour pilots who thought they hit the motherload with low requirements at airlines will be shocked when the smart Captains point to the gear handle and say..... Welcome to the airlines, congrats.

And I'm sure management will sit back and watch as FO's do nothing but massage the gear lever and microphone button for a couple of years while they run out of captains.

They should change the name of this section from "Regionals" to "Sore and Bitter". Face it, new guys coming on line now are gonna have it better than any group in the last 10 to 15 years. Don't blame them for being lucky.

Last edited:
Don't forget about the captains that have no business being in ANY airplane, let alone a jet.
Wow.... How many Captains have you passed this judgement on - during your 1,000 hours of total time?

Most of the folks on this board have more time inside the FAF than you have total time - but you are already passing judgement on Captains?

Way to go, Chuck Yeager.

Wow.... How many Captains have you passed this judgement on - during your 1,000 hours of total time?

Most of the folks on this board have more time inside the FAF than you have total time - but you are already passing judgement on Captains?

Way to go, Chuck Yeager.

Sorry bud but at my old regional airline there were MORE then a few dangerous capytians on the line. I even had to take the plane from a capt one night on a windshear GA because he locked up. Put that in your pipe and smoke it G

Way to go, Chuck Yeager.

My total time has no effect on the ability of others flying abilities. There are plenty of pilots (both captains and fo's) and have no business in the flight deck.

My total time has no effect on the ability of others flying abilities. There are plenty of pilots (both captains and fo's) and have no business in the flight deck.
Where do you work? I dont think that I am going to want to fly on your airline if this is really your impression.

I'm guessing he is Captain bashing to compensate for his own NooB insecurities.

One thing about aviation is that is you are new to the equipment, or the flying, it is better to speak up than to clam up and try to bash others to massage your fragile ego. One you are on a flight deck together it is not about competition, or who is right. It is about what is right, whether it be an idea from the right seat, or left seat. If something bugs you, get over it and fly the airplane.

Anyway, most of the UND guys and girls are good folks. A little surprised, but eh' - what are you going to do?

Latest resources

Back