Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Don't want to pay a fair $ for tickets, it will affect you later.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Im not saying both my bachelor degrees in Management and marketing collecting dust on my wall are useless, but alas, its not nearly as marketable as 5 year EXP in plumbing if I was to pound the streets looking for a job this afternoon.

But, in the end it feels good to be educated, no matter what your title.

macfly said:
. Is this your paradigm shift you speak of?

No, I am still figuring it out.. but the paradigm shift is the small business revolution.

How can an immigrant family come here is make something of nothing? Small Business.

Is there higher education in small business? ( a specific degree).

I think more and more people will stop working for a company and more for themselves....

I agree with both of you. The small business may be the next big thing, but there will still be a need for higher education. After all, who will the small business serve? If, as an employee working for a large company, I need a degree, wouldn't it be logical to assume that the same requirements would exist if I was my own "boss?" (Assume that the industry is the same in both cases.)

Again, I don't want to focus too much on the college/non-college issue. My point was that there are reasons for what is going on in the aviation industry, and they are not all based upon the consumer.

By the way, I found an interesting statistic on the Small Business Administration's web site:

[FONT=verdana, arial][FONT=Verdana, Arial]Estimates for businesses with employees indicate there were 580,900 new firms and 576,200 closures (both about 10 percent of the total) in 2004.

[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial] [FONT=Veranda,Arial,sans serif] Starts and Closures of Employer Firms, 2000–2004
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial][FONT=Verdana, Arial][FONT=Veranda,Arial,sans serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT] Category.........2000......2001.........2002........2003.........2004
New Firms
........574,300..585,140....569,750....553,500e...580,900e
Firm Closures....542,831..553,291....586,890....572,300e...576,200e
Bankruptcies
[FONT=verdana, arial][FONT=Verdana, Arial][FONT=Veranda,Arial,sans serif]

e=Estimate. For more information, see "Business Estimates from the Office of Advocacy: A Discussion of Methodology", a working paper by Brian Headd, June 2005 (Research Summary #258).
Sources: U.S. Bureau of the Census; Administrative Office of the U.S.
Courts; U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]Basically, it looks like the numbers are fairly even (statistically) for new small businesses. This could mean the new "age" is not quite here yet...only time will tell.

--Dim

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back