Don't Pilots and Unions ever learn???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hydrarkt

It's baffling to me that after the screw job that USAirways pilots got and the fiasco merger of the American Airlines and TWA pilots groups that the pilots and unions of UAL and NWA can't reach an amicable decision about seniority merger issues.

Didn't anyone learn anything after what happened when the USA/AWA pilot groups couldn't come to an agreement and sent the decision to arbitration?

Do you really want your careers and lives in the hands of an arbitrator???

It's baffling to me that after the screw job that USAirways pilots got and the fiasco merger of the American Airlines and TWA pilots groups that the pilots and unions of UAL and NWA can't reach an amicable decision about seniority merger issues.

Didn't anyone learn anything after what happened when the USA/AWA pilot groups couldn't come to an agreement and sent the decision to arbitration?

Do you really want your careers and lives in the hands of an arbitrator???

It's amazing to me that someone complaining about amicable seniority integration can't even figure out which two pilot groups are in question.

Have a beer for me.

It's amazing to me that someone complaining about amicable seniority integration can't even figure out which two pilot groups are in question.

Ouch! You forum proof readers are tough!

..... and the TWA asset acquisition was not a merger either. However, it was a fiasco.

Ready, fire, aim.

Have a beer for me.

Touche.. it was a brain fart typo..
However, it still remains... DAL and NWA....

I would love to see the merger done so that neither pilot group screws itself or the other group. Hoewever, it doesn't look like that will happen. The same question remains..

ps.. I don't have a dog in this fight. Just hate to see other pilots who invested years in a career come over to my frax airline as FOs because a merger of their seniority list screwed them for life.

Last edited:
Touche.. it was a brain fart typo..
However, it still remains... DAL and NWA....

I would love to see the merger done so that neither pilot group screws itself or the other group. Hoewever, it doesn't look like that will happen. The same question remains..

ps.. I don't have a dog in this fight. Just hate to see other pilots who invested years in a career come over to my frax airline as FOs because a merger of their seniority list screwed them for life.

Please enlighten us to the "screw job" the USAir pilots received.

Relative seniority was not good enough? I guess you think its fair that they wanted furloughed pilots to be recalled into a line holding CAPTAIN SEAT!

I would love to see the merger done so that neither pilot group screws itself or the other group.

So, in your world, it's fair that the Eastholes want to staple 70% of the west pilots to the bottom of the list?

Damn the ignorance displayed on this board is amazing.

Nice try with the flame bait though.

Last edited:
The assets were acquired and the employees were merged.

... I think what draginass is trying to say is that, had it been a true merger of two healthy and relatively equal companies - instead of an asset acquisition - the integration would probably have turned out as far less of a fiasco, and more in favor of TWA folks. See the Pan Am/DL thread for reference and similarities. JMO.

As an AA guy, if our assets our bought by someone else and I end up with the same deal the TWA guys got*, I'll get down on my knees and thank God

*-that would be the TWA guys who took a job at a A-Scale major prior to the late 80's arbitagers. Those who took the job based on "I'm going to be real senior 'cuz retirements" after 1990 or so need not reply. Sorry.

Latest resources

Back