• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Don't get too excited about that 787 sim yet guys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Going into week three with no end in sight. Strikers are getting $150 per week. This will help them prepare for the new world economic condition after these bozzos continue to screw things up.

This revelation comes as All Nippon, the launch customer for the 787, says it will have to introduce nine 767-300ERs to its fleet in 2010 and 2011 to cover capacity shortfalls caused by the delay in its 787 delivery program.

On Sept. 25 ANA, in addition to unveiling the 767-300ER plan, announced a new delivery schedule for its 50 787s that not only defers the first aircraft until August 2009 but also extends the delivery rate and delays completion of all 50 deliveries to 2017 from the 2015 deadline initially planned.

ANA's 787 sim is gathering dust here in Anamori-Inari

I'm not sure about the time line for the 763's deliveries because I just flew the lates one in the line
the day before yesterday so they are receiving brand new ones as we speak

The only thing anyone here should be concerned about is what that jet will pay per hour. Everything else is rubbish! Best of luck to the Boeing strikers!!

Sorry but if you think the 787 flight deck looks anything like a 757/767 you must be a very confused pilot. Absolutely nothing in common with these two aircraft. The 757/767 is very old school and the 787 is way out in front with technology and by the way, it grey not brown anymore. Are sure you were looking at at 787 mockup? I will be in the 787 sim in two hours so I do know the difference. I think you may be confused about what you saw on tour.
Could be, it was grey, it looked like a 767 fitted with a glass panel with some of the same switchgear, throttles, spoiler, flap handle, etc .... maybe it was an early mock up. However, it looks like an airplane that would instantly seem like "home sweet home" to a pilot used to the 757/767.

I'm disappointed that Delta is thinking about canceling these early orders. Delta has not had the greatest experience with being an early adopter. The second version of any jet always seems to be worth waiting for.

Last edited:
There is a staffed 787 office on the second floor at Natco next to the Alteon office. Walking by I saw a real nice 787 cockpit poster above a table with a Delta 777 manual on top. Almost looked staged.

Latest resources

Back