• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Don't get too excited about that 787 sim yet guys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Spooky 2, you weren't there so what would you know. I just love 2nd grade attitudes.

I guess anything is possible so maybe I was to harsh. The fact that it's out of bounds for everyone but a few, is what drove my comments. The fact that CAL has bought a few airplanes may have been a factor but certainly no avarage sim instructor would have put you in the seat much less in the box without risking having his butt chewed real hard. That's why the sign says Keep Out!

Well S2, I sat in the sim and so did 4 other people for about 40 minutes. The personal that allowed us to do it only asked that we don't take any pictures. Also, I personally know 1 of the 3 POI on the project and the FSDO in Seattle has already denied the common type between the 777 and 787. Boeing I think has appealed to Washington. The plane looks cool but the Seattle FAA wants boeing to explain how much and what effect burning composite matterals will have on pax.

The SEATTLE FSDO has nothing to do with the common type rating issue. It's the FAA's Aircarft Evaluation Group (AEG) so unless your friend is part of that team it's not likely that he would be a part of that decison process. As of this hour there is no indication tht Boeing will not prevail in the common type and if you were to look at the FCOM, FCTM and QRH you will see that the commonality is significant and probably more in keeping than the differences between the 757/767. Boeing flight crew training will start training in November and it is based on the common type rating concept to which the FAA has not raised any objections...yet. Anything can happen, but it's not likely that all the staff at Boeing will let this slip by without a fight. I have flown the 777 for a quite awhile and the 787 sim a few times. The handling characteristics are comparable IMO, but I am not an expert in certification issues so I'll defer to those with that knowledge. I do know that Boeing has not "appealed" to Washington as there is nothing to appeal at this hour. Also, POI's do not get involved in this certification activity so your friend is probably over stating his importance in the certification process.
POI's are Principal Operations Inspectors and oversee operational issues, nothing more.

Please don't take this as a slam or an in your face rebuttle. Just trying to set the record straight as of this hour. If you get fly the airplane when it is in service you can be confident that you will be flying the most advanced airliner in service. It should be a hoot.

What is the current status of the Boeing Strike anyway? Anyone know?

Bye Bye--General Lee

You are so completely screwed, gen..... DAL will cancel or convert its order, and your pompus butt will never, ever, ever get to fly that sucker.

-SCREWED!

The SEATTLE FSDO has nothing to do with the common type rating issue. It's the FAA's Aircarft Evaluation Group (AEG) so unless your friend is part of that team it's not likely that he would be a part of that decison process. As of this hour there is no indication tht Boeing will not prevail in the common type and if you were to look at the FCOM, FCTM and QRH you will see that the commonality is significant and probably more in keeping than the differences between the 757/767. Boeing flight crew training will start training in November and it is based on the common type rating concept to which the FAA has not raised any objections...yet. Anything can happen, but it's not likely that all the staff at Boeing will let this slip by without a fight. I have flown the 777 for a quite awhile and the 787 sim a few times. The handling characteristics are comparable IMO, but I am not an expert in certification issues so I'll defer to those with that knowledge. I do know that Boeing has not "appealed" to Washington as there is nothing to appeal at this hour. Also, POI's do not get involved in this certification activity so your friend is probably over stating his importance in the certification process.
POI's are Principal Operations Inspectors and oversee operational issues, nothing more.

Please don't take this as a slam or an in your face rebuttle. Just trying to set the record straight as of this hour. If you get fly the airplane when it is in service you can be confident that you will be flying the most advanced airliner in service. It should be a hoot.

Hey, I understand. No hard feelings. I was just telling everyone what was told to me. I bet, I said the wrong department but my guy is on the project with the FAA. You most likely know better than me. See ya

Wanna bet?

Hey, I understand. No hard feelings. I was just telling everyone what was told to me. I bet, I said the wrong department but my guy is on the project with the FAA. You most likely know better than me. See ya

Thanks. When you think it through the logic is flawed as the airplane has not even flown, the sim is not certified, and no one from the FAA has gone through any traditional Part 121 style training. Way to soon to assume either party's case is set in stone, however I'll put money on it if you should care to bet!

Latest resources

Back