"Don't Compare My Job To Other Jobs"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Duderino said:
Atleast I won't look like a foreigner with a silver spoon is his mouth.

I earned that silver spoon, and last time I checked there is nothing wrong with that.

Just to piss you off a little more, I'll let you know my nationality, I'm French. Then again I moved here because I do not like the way the French government and people act.

Duderino said:
Seriously, your grammer is awful.

Look who's talking.

And FYI, it's spelled grammar.

Duderino said:
I don't know if you were just mad and were typing fast or you really are a typical foreign pilot who will work for free, but slow down. The "collegues" that I blame are people like yourself who work for free and don't say anything about it, to themselves or the person ripping them off.

First I have no interest in becoming a professional pilot. The $$$ are not there, and they are the only reason I get out of bed to get to work. I rather be a cleaning person (and I hate cleaning), making more money, sleeping home, not having to worry about the loans I took out for training...

Why are you trying to move this to a PFT argument? Do you need support from your peer since you picked the wrong battle and/or person to "fight" against? Take your loss and STFU. The only post I've read from you are generalizations and derogative.

Duderino said:
Hey, good news, Chataqua just lowered there minimums to 750. Another 700 hours and you will be on your way to flying a big Jet.

So is that where you're headed now that you're out of the Gulfstream Academy ???

Why do you hang on this forum if you aren't interested in flying. Are you some kind of management shill? Hey, just asking.

PaulThomas said:
You are worth what someone is willing to pay for since you're in a buyer (employer market).

And with that statement, you've either confused or pissed off 99% of the people on this board. Regarding the issue of pilot pay, you're better off talking to a brick wall.

pilotyip,

I did not WRITE that article. Note at the bottom it says "author unknown." I copied it from another site.

uwochris said:
Note at the bottom it says "author unknown." I copied it from another site.

Wow. Why?

In other words, there are professions out there that require much more sacrifice than ours, yet are not nearly as well compensated. Example: Firefighters. They go in potentially life threatening situations daily, yet no one hears them complaining because they "only" pull down $80k. In truth, I don't think that firefighters even come close to $80k. Another example: Truck drivers don't make as much as pilots, but they are gone just as much, if not more. Another example: Infantry men are out on the front lines in harm's way while I am "home in bed." They don't make jack squat. And they are gone for months at a time!

In other words, this may not be a popular opinion with some folks, but we as pilots really don't have much to complain about. When we get all wrapped up in what we don't have but "deserve," we forget about how good we actually have it. Personally, I'm pretty happy just eating and flying airplanes.

Goose,
Lovin' life

Last edited:
thanks Chris, the ole fine print at the bottom story. Looked liked a semi flame post.

doh said:
Why do you hang on this forum if you aren't interested in flying. Are you some kind of management shill? Hey, just asking.
I am interested in flying, just not proffessionally. I am not currently in a management position, but I always think as if I were the owner of the business.

Latest resources

Back