• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Don't call collect!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This might be a bit of the original post's subject, but I highly recommend checking out www.skype.com if you haven't already done so. Granted, it requires a high-speed connection for your computer but it is well worth the price of admission. I invested in a laptop camera and I get to see the family every day. It is a great thing to be able to see the kids while I am staring at the walls of the hotel in Mumbai. In fact, as I was writing this response the Mrs. just called me and let me say good night to the kids (which is pretty amazing to be able to do from Mumbai).

Beertini

Even more off topic, when I lived in Alton IL, I use to call for pizza from time to time. The pizza place was 6 miles away. My local phone plan only covered 5 miles. Outside that I had to pay a service charge for the phone calls. Some per minute charges exceeded 60 cents. I ordered that pizza one time at a total phone charge of $4.33! I cancelled my phone the day after I got the bill and went to a cell phone and I have carried a cell phone from then on.

Funk you very much Ameritech or Ameriquest or whoever the funk it was.

All you guys who leave your cell phone at home....what's the plan if your girlfriend calls it and your wife picks it up? Or is your girlfriend on the trip with you? :D

Latest resources

Back