Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Done Deal: DOJ Approves Delta, Northwest Merger!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Eagle757shark

US DOJ approves merger of Delta, Northwest Airlines

Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:06pm EDT
WASHINGTON, Oct 29 (Reuters) - U.S. antitrust authorities approved Delta Air Lines Inc's (DAL.N: Quote, Profile, Research, Stock Buzz) purchase of Northwest Airlines Corp (NWA.N: Quote, Profile, Research, Stock Buzz) on Wednesday in a deal worth about $2.6 billion.
The merger would create the world's biggest airline by passenger traffic.
The U.S. Justice Department approval ends the U.S. regulatory review.
The department said the deal, in its view, is likely to benefit consumers and and unlikely to "substantially lessen competition."

Congrats to us. Hopefully a good thing, nothing I can do about it. Now that we have approval, I hope we don't start seeing negative press releases.

Last edited:
Hope ALPA saved all the good pre-merger quotes.

Last edited:
Those at NW that want to retire with NW retiree medical benefits (premiums) prior to DCC had better hurry........

Those at NW that want to retire with NW retiree medical benefits (premiums) prior to DCC had better hurry........

Wow, talk about "should I stay or should I go?..." Good luck to those folks with that decision.

I feel very "Super Premium" already !

You must hand it to Delta management. They did a remarkable job getting this thing done in this current environment. From all I've heard from people who work at Delta, the transition will be very rapid. I guess they will show US Airways' Parker how to put together a real merger. After three years US Airways is still fighting with its pilots. I have a feeling Delta will be done and US Airways will still be trying to intergrate their unions. I imagine airline consolidation may well be on its way now. The next few months will be interesting to see who is next.

Said something was up.
Figured they got approval this morning when the pop-up came for the new name tags.

Latest resources

Back