DOJ Criteria for Pass/Denial of Mergers and why DAL/AK Could Be Approved

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heyas,

The irony is that had a US/UA merger occurred, the end result might have been a much stronger carrier.

The current landscape would surely be different, and I dare say that the pilots at both outfits would be in a considerably better position.

In the case with airlines, along with any highly regulated activity, SOME monopoly is a good thing. It provides an anchor of revenue in a business that requires large capital investiture and erratic costs.

Sure ticket prices may go up short term, but long term this only invites competition.

Nu

We have more than enough money. Heck be bought NWA for Nada. I am sure we can do the same for AS.

Yep, just like NWA had 3.5B in the bank and the market cap was about 500 million below that.
But if we agree to a stock swap it is a zero cash transaction, and only strengthens the balance sheet.

I truly think that it would be an awesome deal for all parties.

I truly think that it would be an awesome deal for all parties.

And the seniority argument would go something like "lets see, you little guys only have 737's, so lets put you on the bottom of the list. You were never going to fly a big airplane anyway."

No Thanks.

Nope it would be the same award as we did with NWA. Relative by equipment. It would allow you guys to move up in time. Plus, I could see them putting a moat and large fence around SEA for you!

Latest resources

Back