• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

justin15e

Does UA have a PBS?

Do the pilots like/hate it?

Is it easy to use/hard to use?

How different is using it versus the old preconstructed lines method?

Any UA guys/gals care to share?

Does UA have a PBS?

Do the pilots like/hate it?

Is it easy to use/hard to use?

How different is using it versus the old preconstructed lines method?

Any UA guys/gals care to share?

Yes we have it.

most do not like it, I do

Easy to use

Can bid in 5 minutes as apposed to sorting through hundreds of lines. There is never an end of month conflict.

Are your absences (sim checks, vacation, jury duty, mil leave) loaded in before or after your monthly bid award?

Are your absences (sim checks, vacation, jury duty, mil leave) loaded in before or after your monthly bid award?

Yes they are. You will here a lot of people complain it is not good the more junior you get. In my opinion any type of bidding gets worse the more junior you are.

Thanks, but it was a multiple choice question. Are absences loaded 1) before, or 2) after, monthly award? Makes a huge difference. If loaded before, the line gets built around the flying with less days off, work on days off, essentially. If loaded after, absences get dropped in on top of flying, giving you more days off.

Thanks, but it was a multiple choice question. Are absences loaded 1) before, or 2) after, monthly award? Makes a huge difference. If loaded before, the line gets built around the flying with less days off, work on days off, essentially. If loaded after, absences get dropped in on top of flying, giving you more days off.

Kind of a common sense answer, being how they treat us these days.

Absences, training, vacation loaded before bidding opens. (With the exception of unknown absences/training/etc)

Kind of a common sense answer, being how they treat us these days.
Thanks. UAL must have taken it from CAL's playbook. Another question, CAL gets paid 2.5hrs/day for sim events, gets 1 hr pay for doing ground training at home, gets 2 hours for ground training in the classroom. IOW, they work a lot for free. How does UAL compare?

Thanks. UAL must have taken it from CAL's playbook. Another question, CAL gets paid 2.5hrs/day for sim events, gets 1 hr pay for doing ground training at home, gets 2 hours for ground training in the classroom. IOW, they work a lot for free. How does UAL compare?

I forget what we get paid for training if you're in class all month like during a transition or upgrade class. When I went to do a landings class a few weeks ago, I got paid 10 hours. The landings class was fly to DEN, do a sim, go to hotel, then fly home whenever I wanted the next day.

We don't get paid for doing training at home, but then again we aren't required to do training at home.

Latest resources

Back