Does TSA still have a sim ride w/ interv

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

Actually, your first year, with perdiem, you make about $25K. When I went through they also paid well in training (better than ACA, Comair, etc.).

The minimum days off for Reserve is 10. Lineholder min. is 11.

I know it used to be a lot worse. Maybe you were at TSA when it was bad. Sorry.

Cliff
DTW

Actually Dash:

3rd year FO on the SMALLEST turboprop we fly is about 26,000 (WITHOUT per diem). Not good, but a far cry from the 18,000 you ignorantly quote. I'm pretty junior and average 14 days off. 10 is the min days off for RESERVE and 11 is min for line holders.

I'm not saying that this is "good" by anyone's standards, but if you're going to make statements about our pay/days off/ per diem you may want to educate yourself a little better, lest you come off as a complete idiot.

Last edited:
atpcliff said:
Hi!

Actually, your first year, with perdiem, you make about $25K. When I went through they also paid well in training (better than ACA, Comair, etc.).

The minimum days off for Reserve is 10. Lineholder min. is 11.

I know it used to be a lot worse. Maybe you were at TSA when it was bad. Sorry.

Cliff
DTW
That sounds about like it was back when I was there c.1996 except you could figure around 20K + or - a few K's depending on how much you wanted to work. The only reason I worked there is because they didn't charge pilots for training which I refused to do. But Cliff.....25K for a year with 10 days off a month and $200 a week during training is not "good". The unnecessary and constant "Management vs. Pilot's" battle that goes on there, while not exclusive to TSA, is a pain in the ass. Most of us just want to go to work and do our job and earn a living.

Interview Info?

Forgive me if I steer this thread back towards the whole point of this message board -- sharing interview information. Anybody who interviewed last Thursday have any experiences to share? Please post or if discretion is preferable please PM me. Thanks in advance.

Dash 4 Cash is just worried you'll be senior to him/her when ALG furloughs again and he/she starts working for TSA in RIC. Maybe life at a wholly-owned is so wonderful that working anywhere else would be unacceptable.

Dash- have fun watching medic and ces152 fly the rj into all those destinations you used to service.

Re: Hey medic

Dash 4 cash said:
Where in the f#*k are you going to go in a couple of years? You will be stuck at that Sh*^hole thinking your an "airline pilot" making $16k a year w 10 days off, on a good line. It is going to take alot more that a couple of years to recover from this BS sizzle chest. My advice to anyone would be to get into somthing else there are alot of ways to make money.

I made $33,000 last year and Im getting an average of 15-16 days off a month as an FO.... you are misinformed.

Latest resources

Back