Does TSA still have a sim ride w/ interv

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

This question is being asked on www.tsalounge.com, with no answer yet.

They did have a sim eval, but it was in the old HoJos building, when that was TSA HQ and the sim co. was in there also.

Now, TSA is in the old TWA building. From what I've read, I don't think there is a sim any longer, but nothing definitive from current TSA pilots.

The old sim was pretty complicated, and the sim prep was VERY helpful, unless U really had your sh1t together.

Good luck!

Cliff
DRT

Sim Eval

I was over at recurrent ground school yesterday, and talked with the people in recruiting. They said that there is no longer the sim eval, but only the 50 question written test and the face to face. Good Luck.

"why in the f%#k would you want to go there!!"

Dash:

WTF? In this state of the industry you expect someone to turn down a job at ANY 121 airline? Especially one with industry standard (or better) pay and NO concessions when MOST other airlines are signing concessions. TSA has jets on firm order and probable growth.

It's not the best airline--and anyone there will tell you that--but it's not the worst either. It's a good place to spend a few years, build some JET time, and move on when the industry is a little better.

Anyone that would ask such a stupid question when the industry is in such a dump is ignorant beyond help.

Dash 4 Cash, I work "there"!

I know it's not the best place to be but it's one of the better places to be right now! We are getting more jets with most code-shares, we have a descent relationship with management now, and we are hiring CQFO's...............how much better can it get?

We may not be the best company as far as reputation carries, but we have improved immensely, and will continue to improve!

I thought about leaving here twice, never did, but it turns out that the other comps. I would have gone to would have furloughed me(for the third time), so I am happy to be where I am now!

good luck to the new guy's!

Hi!

I've had 3 flying jobs. The one I'm at now I like the best. TSA was my 2nd choice, with the AF being my third choice. TSA isn't SWA, but I liked it, and I'd go back if I was furloughed and needed a flying job.

Cliff
DTW

PS-TSA lately is a LOT different than TSA 3-5 years ago. From what I understand, it has improved a lot in the last 2+ years.

Hey medic

Where in the f#*k are you going to go in a couple of years? You will be stuck at that Sh*^hole thinking your an "airline pilot" making $16k a year w 10 days off, on a good line. It is going to take alot more that a couple of years to recover from this BS sizzle chest. My advice to anyone would be to get into somthing else there are alot of ways to make money.

Latest resources

Back