Does the FBI hire pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyguy

Does anyone know if the FBI hires pilots or do they contract outside companys to do their flying? Also if they do hire where would I find some info on it, I tried their website, but I couldn't find anything.

Thanks

yes they do hire pilots and about a year ago they were on a large recruiting mission for pilots. Since everyone and their brother has been layed off or furloughed they filled thier quotas in less then a month for pilots! Like any other job in the FBI you do not get trained to just be a pilot you must be able to investigate any of the 270 or so crimes they are assigned.

No contracting out and they fly alot of small stuff up to small jets. If they are looking for pilots again (which wont be soon, my pop is in the bureau) then they will list it on the website. You can still submit an application but you better have other qualifications. Good luck.

Law enforcement flying

I checked out such opportunities when I looked elsewhere because I was getting nowhere with commuter flying. I agree with the above. You have to be a law enforcement officer first and a pilot second. I understand that local police departments with helicopter units will select outstanding officers for these units and send them to flight training on the cop shop's nickel.

It may not matter exactly which police agency you have experience. I had a Riddle instructor friend who was a former Chickasha, Oklahoma police officer and graduate of that state's Comprehensive Law Enforcement Academy. He said that with that credential he could apply to Customs as a pilot.

Hope that helps a little. Good luck with your job search.

Thanks alot for all the info, it's just something i was considering for the furture. It doesn't hurt to dream a little.

Latest resources

Back