Does SW still require B737 before application

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

koop

Does anybody know what the current policy on SWA B737 type rating requirement. Do I need a B737 type rating before I apply? I know they went away from that but I heard they are back to it.

Thanks in advance for the help!

You don't need it to apply, but you have about a 1% chance or less of getting a call for an interview without it!

debo007 said:
You don't need it to apply, but you have about a 1% chance or less of getting a call for an interview without it!

So it's kinda like the TSA RECOMMENDING that I remove my shoes?

debo007 said:

and if you dont get hired with a 73 rating.....every other company gives you a hard time at their interviews because you have the rating and no time in the plane it shows that company wasnt your first choice. I have heard if Alaska sees it youre history!

spitfire1500 said:
and if you dont get hired with a 73 rating.....every other company gives you a hard time at their interviews because you have the rating and no time in the plane it shows that company wasnt your first choice. I have heard if Alaska sees it youre history!

Thats pretty short sighted....what if a guy got a 737 type from...

A) a scholarship...

B) Flew as a Captain at another airline...

C) Got it as part of an AQP program

D) Flew the much feared T-43/C-40 in the military

or

E) Got it as a gift from his/her great grandma...("Now Sonny, I want you to
use this money only for a 737 type rating." "Yes, Grandma, I'll do it.")

So if an applicant had a 737 type for one of the aforementioned reasons...at Alaska, he would still be "history"?

Tejas

If you want to work at Southwest, even if you don't have the type, I'd recommend (as would most) applying as soon as you meet the minimums. You can update the app as often as you like, including the day you get your 737 type.

I'd be willing to bet they have a record of the date of your initial application. I'm assuming that's why they check your logbook during the interview for the day you reached 1000 hours turbine PIC.

Even if Southwest isn't your dream airline, there is that 1% that interviews without the type, so if you'd work there and meet the mins, apply.

Either way, GOOD LUCK!

yeah right

spitfire1500 said:

Yeah just like the 747 Air Force-1 pilot who just retired and might apply

"747 type rating? You want to work for United or what? You are HISTORY!"

spitfire1500 said:

FedEx didn't ask me a thing about it.

Latest resources

Back