• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Does England not have survival school?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you kidding me? Do you have any idea the treatment US POW's have endured over the past year in S. America, Bosnia, Vietnam, Gulf War, Libya, etc? A couple of naked pictures with a bag over your head pales in comparison to being shackled for months at a time, wallowing in your own feces, being fed maggot infested rotting left overs. Educate yourself, then go fornicate yourself.

No, he does not have any idea. He re-reports what he sees on TV and he does so from the comfort of his own home while brave men and women with dusty boots do some good.

I was in training somewhere one time and they were telling us the rest of story of the torture that many if not all POW's in Korea and Vietnam suffered. I cried...and then I got pissed.

I see your points, but I think this is different than if she was being held by insurgents, Saddam etc. She is being held by a government, not terrorists or common street thugs (hehe guess you could argue that as well) looking at the video that was released they are at least not getting beaten in the face. I don't know, she just seemed quick to make those statements. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I would do the same thing. It still doesn't make creating propaganda right though.

You've seen what the Iranian gov't wants you to see. How do you know what date it was made, maybe it was made on day two, maybe she's been tortured since? There are forms of toture that don't leave marks on the face, or marks at all you know, and someone that's not prepared with the tools to deal with captivity is probably going to crack under thread alone. We know exactly what the Iranians have released, which I don't believe one second of it. The truth will come out when their repatriated. Personally I think the Brits have been way to patient with this whole matter.

I was in training somewhere one time and they were telling us the rest of story of the torture that many if not all POW's in Korea and Vietnam suffered. I cried...and then I got pissed.

The Korean war was the catalyst to formal POW training for high risk US personel. The general public in the US has no idea just how F'd up the rest of the world can be.

I see your points, but I think this is different than if she was being held by insurgents, Saddam etc. She is being held by a government, not terrorists or common street thugs (hehe guess you could argue that as well) looking at the video that was released they are at least not getting beaten in the face. I don't know, she just seemed quick to make those statements. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I would do the same thing. It still doesn't make creating propaganda right though.

Being held by a government that HATES the west (to include the UK)and supports insurgent and terrorist operations around the world. Oh by the way, they have stated they would wipe Israel off the map and are developing nukes. But they are not like Saddam or those insurgents in Iraq (who are being supported by Iran)

Again, you have no idea what she is going through and just because there is a lack of bruises does not mean harm has not been done. You're right, propaganda is never a good thing but it works both ways.

Go to the UK and ask her why she spouted all that stuff while in Iran after being captured and who knows what else. I doubt they took her to the mall for a pedicure and some shopping.

The Korean war was the catalyst to formal POW training for high risk US personel. The general public in the US has no idea just how F'd up the rest of the world can be.

A friend of mine was a POW in Korea (and Germany) and was the author of a section in the Code of Conduct. He went on to Vietnam as an adviser for those downed behind enemy lines. He also spent some time in Afghanistan in the 50's developing relationships with the Afghans in the event of WWIII. The bombers needed a place to either land or punch out after delivering their ordinance. He wrote a book about his WWII time. It is a very hard read but interesting. (He flew P-47's -51's for the 359th FG)

The stories from his time in German hands will turn your stomach and the North Koreans, well.....not so good either.

More proof that the Geneva convention applies only to the United States.

I may not agree with LearLove, but he's got a bit more history with the military than you might realize. I won't tell his story for him--but he's paid his dues in other ways.

If only

Albie,

If we were in the same seat, I'd gladly bump you from trips to give you adequate time to experiment.

My question is what is Iran really trying to do with all this?

I'm not military, just a casual observer of world events. They're up to something, I just can't put my finger on what they're trying to achieve.

If indeed, as it seems, it turns out that these Brits were clearly in Iraqi territorial waters, then this whole thing may backfire right in the face of the Iranians. That's what I don't get. Are they really trying to pick a fight with one or two of the world's super powers? Surely they're not that stupid.

MJG:

Propaganda. Just like that twit in North Korea, the wacko Iranian ruling cluster frucks want some media attention. This is how they go about that. More to follow.

I may not agree with LearLove, but he's got a bit more history with the military than you might realize. I won't tell his story for him--but he's paid his dues in other ways.

Then I will stand corrected. (I cannot seem to be able to edit my post)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back