Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Does anyone want to be a Captain on the EMB-120?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The reason it's going so junior must be the fact that the RJ F/O's know that it's PIC time in JETS that the majors prefer and want to wait their turn to be captain on the RJ.

The reason it's going so junior must be the fact that the RJ F/O's know that it's PIC time in JETS that the majors prefer and want to wait their turn to be captain on the RJ.

Tell that to my 4 buddies who have nothing but BRO pic and just got hired 1 at FedEX, 2 at Alaska, and 1 at Southwest. Turbine PIC is Turbine PIC!

Come on guys, the Guat?! You're arguing with THE GUAT!?? I mean, he's the Guat. Enough said.

Somebody said it well in another thread: In the EMB-120 you can get comfortable, but deep in the back of your mind you're always waiting for something to happen.

So it's like prom?

Most companies don't care what aircraft you have pic on. 121 turbine pic is 121 turbine pic, period.
Besides, a turboprop engine is simply a jet engine with a prop on the front of it, right?
For instance, if i was the person who hired pilots at an airline, I would hire a E-120 captain over an rj captain anyday. Simply my opinion.

Thats why my buddy with nothing but Part 91 corporate King Air 90 PIC, the rest piston multi and single is at SWA now. No type rating besides the 737, civilian trained, no other turbine time.

Yeah, that must be the reason.

Latest resources

Back