Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Does anyone else thing flying is boring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In the summer of 2009 at CAL recurrent ground they played Nickelback's song "If today was your last day" at the end of the day while they showed pictures of recently retired pilots (kinda gayish). Anyways, I thought it was ironic to play that at an airline training event since it says in the song "against the grain should be the way of life"...

The craziest part is that I told the guy next to me (who looked like he was in his early 30s) that I can't believe they were playing Nickelback. his reply was "who is Nickelback".

Are you kidding me, what 30 something year old doesn't know who Nickelback is.... unless you are living under a rock

OK...I will admit....never heard of Nickelback either...This after 7 years in the commuters....7 in corporate and 9 at the majors....The name never came up....Alright, who is Nickelback??

Livin' under a rock I guess

You guys all missed the point, I don't think flying a fighter jet is any more exciting than an airliner, in fact, I have never cared about military aviation, even as a kid.

Flying anything is basically boring. I am talking about jobs that accomplish something and actually make you think and actually pay good. I am not talking about 200k per year, I am talking about liquid, 500k+

It is funny how so many of you immediately talk about flying "something else" for fun..... typical pilots, always goes back to flying.....

Hate to break it to you, but if you have done it once you have done it 1000 times..

So I read a post like this along with other mindless drivel that you spew forth and wonder; why on earth did you become a pilot? I know it sounds crazy to you, but some of us actually like to fly airplanes, whether its a 737 or an RV-8. I like 'em all. If you're so bored and disinterested in flying, might I suggest you quit? Guys below you on this list would be ever so happy to move up a number and perhaps you'd quit posting your cr@p on this board.

Now that I think about it, perhaps we shouldn't call you a pilot... I think a title like "airplane operator" might be more appropriate to your mindset.

Oh, and Nickelback sucks.

OK...I will admit....never heard of Nickelback either...This after 7 years in the commuters....7 in corporate and 9 at the majors....The name never came up....Alright, who is Nickelback??

Livin' under a rock I guess

Consider yourself lucky. :D

Yup, boring as hell. But it pays the rent, keeps the lights on and my ex's lawyer at bay. Best part is not thinking about airplanes the millisecond after the last checklist is complete. Now if I could only have my age 60 GTFO back. :(

I can't believe that an inane post about flying being "boring" has gotten 5 pages of comments, especially when it was started by some dude that's probably not even a pilot and has no clue. Yes, it can be a boring job, but the 30 minutes in your whole career where it is exciting are the reason that we are paid what we are, because that is when we are called upon to solve some problem where lives are literally in the balance. During the other times, we are providing a service that helps keep the economy humming along. It can be a boring job, but I'll take this job over any other any day of the week and twice on Sunday. And the wannabe that is SFR won't ever dissuade me from that. Can't believe that's even up for discussion on a professional pilot bulletin board.

PapaWoody

This is nothing new. When Boeing made the first closed cockpit, pilots found flying to be much more boring than in an open cockpit airplane. If you want to look at it that way, get out now.

If you decide to "tough-out" the boredom, please at least make an effort to learn something about the history of the profession that you find so boring.

Do I think flying is boring? Only when you are talking. You need to get back to the galley now.

It's all been said ... Except one-
Get 7 figures in the bank and I'll let you shine my shoes. You've already lost if you think $100k or $200k is crap money, but $500k is really where it's at-

Dude flames- been like that for a while- glad he's at CO

Never made it as a wise man
I couldn't cut it as a poor man stealin'

Tired of livin' like a blind man
I'm sick inside without a sense of feelin
And this is how you remind me
This is how you remind me
Of what I really am
This is how you remind me
Of what I really am
It's not like you to say sorry
I was waiting on a different story