• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Does a new aircraft mean different pay?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, we have been raising hell for the 4 years I have been here about the pay to no avail. If HR and management will not pay, they will not pay. I guarentee you that my company would not only show you the door, they would let it hit you in butt on the way out if you gave them a raise or else scenario. There is little you can do about it other than quit and start over. Now that would be bad advise, especially in this job environment. You could take the advise of my wicked stepmother, "Wish in one hand and sh*t in the other and see which one fills up first". Well my other hand is filling up fast and I would bolt if there was something better on the horizon, which there ain't. So unless I win the lottery soon or the Obama rescue plan magically opens up multitudes of Gulfstream jobs, here I sit. I'm sure there are many others like me out there, waiting for the tide to turn.
Remind me to send you a resume. I am captain on a 55 and 850xp making 35 FO pay because the "economy" we all need to pull together.

Get your type, build experience and then start looking.

I have been around the block and I have never seen mgt offer a raise because of a bigger aircraft. I asked this question years ago and the answer I got was, "so that means its OK for us to ask for money back if we put you on a smaller piece of equipment"

Take what you have acquired and move on to a place that will pay you what you think you are worth.

As usual, terrible pay advice from pilots....

If you went from a 100K Challenger 300 job to a Global Express you should, without a doubt, get a raise. I cant imagine the number should be less than 130-140K on a GLEX to start, minumum.

Please stop with the "there are a lot of guys who would want any job" BS...you have a job, your company is doing well enough to buy a new Global?? - get paid what you should.

The post 6 months from now will be...."I want out of my job because THEY aren't paying me enough"....of course they're not, you never asked for more because, like many pilots, you are so terrified of losing your job you will take whatever they give you.

Now, if you are in the range already, say a GLEX/GV/DA900 pay, well, then fine...but I would never fly a Global for Challenger 300 prices!

The only thing for certain is that playing "lay low because of the economy" will likely guarantee only one thing - no raise for you.

At least bring it up so they know your concerns. Raises at many places wont happen until a new pay year starts anyhow. That puts the pressure on. Star players often get great raises and bonuses, even in a terrible economy.

Good Luck.

I'll work for G200 anytime!!!!!!!! PM me if you're hiring!!!!

Latest resources

Back