Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Do you have anything in your bag I need to know about?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for the response

Going2Baja said:
Again - the quickest way to get through the checkpoint is to do what they say and keep on truckin'.

Yeah, I know. But I often have a lot time to kill in airports.

I figure every swab I make them use is one less they'll use on grandma.

Happy travels.

Gryphon - they deserve $11/hr. Actually I think it's close to $30k/yr to start. All they need is a HS diploma.

Wait a minute now...and I make 20K to be responsible for a kerosene missile with 70 souls onboard through some of the worst weather imagineable??? WTFO ??? Say again >???

Kinda hard to maintain a good attitude when corporate America can crap all over employees (who do the the work and make the money) and the Federal Government pays the "wand monkey" police more with a pension to boot.

But gosh, I do love flying...ok good attitude intact...just slightly frazzled now.

No doubt Fish - these are very sorry times in aviation. Some of the scrrrners can't even spell let alone speak in a language that all of us can understand. If you go to the govt hiring website you'll see that almost all the airports are currently hiring screeners http://www.usajobs.opm.gov/ When we were training the original group there was close to 25% wash out rate - not because of learning the info but once the background checks came in they were tossed out. One student even brought a real gun to class and was excused. UNREAL!! I'm sure they are digging in the bottom of the barrell now. Keep you eyes and ears open when in an airport because you sure can't trust your safety or safety of others to the TSA.

Baja.

Baja, i worked at LAS a while back, GSE mech, ramper, i have to agree with your point that some of those trainees need to go back and finish thier education.. i would walk through areas going to get lunch at Taco Hell or whatever, and these folks would rather give someone a hard time rather than process them efficiently. On the other hand, they do have to put up with some really miserable people too. I was going past a checkpoint once and overheard some lady say to the people: " It's a mistake! I didn't mean to put my gun in there, i forgot!" She was some security type or police, and forgot to remove her weapon from her bag.. or maybe the checkpoint was being tested, i didn't find out. New tech is great, but you have to have people that know how to use that tech...

A Squared said:
I have 10 screws and 2 small metal plates in my right foot. Never had a problem with them, but they are made of titanuim.

So that begs the question would one of those titanium frame revolvers pass thru without setting it off?
Damn, whos ass did you break your foot off in?

If you think that's bad...

DC8 Flyer said:
dang, whos ass did you break your foot off in?

You should see his face.

Latest resources

Back