Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Do i want to go threw all that training again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

inbound

Just finished IOE and got a call from skywest. (just an interview not a job) If god did smile down on me and i was offered a first officer positon, would you guys if in my shoes jump ship. At the moment im flying the ERJ-145 (The company is great as long as altereGJ sinks. Skywest is just closer to home for me......and its SKYWEST)

Last edited:

No, but you might want to go through all of that training again.............

Over the course of a several year career stage, the ability to not commute may prove a huge benefit in QOL.

As regards trying to decipher the future of any company vs. another in this industry: well, good luck with that...

There were guys in my newhire class leaving other regionals that had almost a year of senority. It all depends on you. Are you willing to go into the EMB or only the RJ? Which company has better bases? etc.

Its gonna hurt a lot worse after you've spent a year at that job and are enjoying being off probation and second year pay. That along with the guys that are under you on the seniority list. If you want SkyWest and get the offer, take it. Its gonna be a much tougher decision after year 1.

SkyWest may be comming up on the tail end of a hiring boom. The last delivery is Feb 06, so it would be better to go to SKW now than to wait.

I would say go. Might as well get that first year pay over with asap. instead of doing it twice for two companies.

Good luick.

Doug Parker said:

No, but you might want to go through all of that training again..............

No joke. Not to be Capt. Grammar here, but I am continually amazed at how ignorant the pilot group seems to be regarding the english language. I feel like that Indian in those '70's commercials crying over pollution. ;)

Chosen One said:
No joke. Not to be Capt. Grammar here, but I am continually amazed at how ignorant the pilot group seems to be regarding the english language. I feel like that Indian in those '70's commercials crying over pollution. ;)

Thats some funny stuff!! I had forgotten about that commercial!!

Inbound- RUN, DON'T WALK!!!! DO IT NOW. THIS PLACE COULD GET NASTY. I'LL GET 3RD YR PAY IN 4 MONTHS AND YES, IT MAKES IT VERY HARD TO THINK ABOUT LEAVING, AND YET.........................................I AM!!(THINKING ABOUT IT, THAT IS) IS EAGLE HIRING?

Go to skywest...just ask the several hundred former TSA pilots we have here at SkyWest. not even close. (plus you can replace the clown that's leaving here next week to FauxJets as a street captain.) Also, is there a GJ list outhtere I can get from someone???

Mookie

Latest resources

Back