Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Do airlines such as Delta/United/American track your Jumpseat Usage?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We had a gal non-rev once when she was out on disability. Showed up at the gate for a flight to NAS with some of her diving equipment in hand (I swear, you can't make stuff like this up...) Anyway, the "wrong person" saw her, reported it, and she got called in on it. Not sure what happened after that. Priceless...

I am just curious. I am out on short term dissability due to surgery on my knee and am not able to fly but do seem to still have travel benefits. Not sure I am still in CASS. I dont want to get in trouble for jumpseating to Europe (I have relatives there) as it may look funny. Do they track these things? Do you think it could cause a summons and potential "carpet dance"?

Buy an ID 90

Hi!

Almost every time I Jumpseated on TWA, the captain told me to sit up front and that alchohol would be on the house.

I didn't feel comfortable with that, plus I don't drink most of what U can get on an airliner, so I would politley refuse.

cliff
GRB
PS-I jumpseated for a short time with a cast on. I didn't think anything of it, until reading this thread.

If you are on any type of medical leave, personal leave of absence, extended military leave, etc. you are removed from CASS.

It is a TSA requirement. However, if you are not able to be verified by CASS you can still ride in the back...if they can verify your employment and you can find a gate agent that actually knows this.

ACL65PILOT is correct. DAL certainly track its own jumpseats internally, and as someone else said... if they have reason to look, they can look in CASS.

If you're sick and you have to fly, your best bet to move around outside the system is on a ID90 or a ZED. That's the last place they'd look when you have jump seat.

Or go greyhound!

However if you ID90 of ZED you'll need to have bought your coupons well in advance of calling in sick...

On second thought, just talk to da chiefs about it!

Not 100% accurate....

If you are on any type of medical leave, personal leave of absence, extended military leave, etc. you are removed from CASS.

It is a TSA requirement. However, if you are not able to be verified by CASS you can still ride in the back...if they can verify your employment and you can find a gate agent that actually knows this.

Actually, some airlines don't necessarily interpret the TSA requirement to remove military leave of absence people from cass. I know some do, but some do not. I've taken a poll in my reserve unit, and it is all over the gambit.
Luv

Actually, some airlines don't necessarily interpret the TSA requirement to remove military leave of absence people from cass. I know some do, but some do not. I've taken a poll in my reserve unit, and it is all over the gambit.
Luv

Actually it is 100% accurate...it is a TSA requirement for the airline to remove you from CASS if you are on any long term leave...
Personal: travel benefits suspended; CASS ineligible.

FMLA: travel benefits suspended; CASS ineligible.

Medical: travel benefits suspended; CASS ineligible.

Military: travel benefits suspended; CASS ineligible. The exception to this is your one weekend/month and two
weeks/year service – you will remain in CASS for that period.

If you are on extended MIL leave like I said...

Latest resources

Back