Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Do airlines such as Delta/United/American track your Jumpseat Usage?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Damich

I am just curious. I am out on short term dissability due to surgery on my knee and am not able to fly but do seem to still have travel benefits. Not sure I am still in CASS. I dont want to get in trouble for jumpseating to Europe (I have relatives there) as it may look funny. Do they track these things? Do you think it could cause a summons and potential "carpet dance"?

I am just curious. I am out on short term dissability due to surgery on my knee and am not able to fly but do seem to still have travel benefits. Not sure I am still in CASS. I dont want to get in trouble for jumpseating to Europe (I have relatives there) as it may look funny. Do they track these things? Do you think it could cause a summons and potential "carpet dance"?
Have you considered telling your CP up front what you intend to do and why? That would clear things up before it happens.

My bet is that they don't peruse data on CASS usage but could get that information if "a little birdie" told them that pilot X was abusing disability. Just defuse the situation before it happens.

CASS does record all usage - is it worth maybe losing your job over going to visit relatives?

How does one who is considered a crewmember function as crew with a disability?

Exactly. If you JS you have to be medically qualified, even if you are in the back. Same logic why you can't drink while JS'ing.

Non-rev. If your airline does not allow non-rev while sick, most will waive that with a request to your CP.

The specific airlines maintain their data base for the CASS system. I know for a fact that it monitors usage, and here at DAL they can track it.
I have been OAL and they have called me no to make the commute in.
FWIW, ask and see what happens, but if you do not and get caught you have backed yourself in the corner.

Gutsy move Maverick. I'm pretty liberal with my interpretations of company policy but I would not jumpseat while on medical or sick.

Gup

The specific airlines maintain their data base for the CASS system. I know for a fact that it monitors usage, and here at DAL they can track it.
I have been OAL and they have called me no to make the commute in.
FWIW, ask and see what happens, but if you do not and get caught you have backed yourself in the corner.

ACL65PILOT is correct. DAL certainly track its own jumpseats internally, and as someone else said... if they have reason to look, they can look in CASS.

If you're sick and you have to fly, your best bet to move around outside the system is on a ID90 or a ZED. That's the last place they'd look when you have jump seat.

Or go greyhound!

Same logic why you can't drink while JS'ing.

You can't? No wonder I've been getting those funny looks for the last 10 years!

Latest resources

Back