• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From the Delta Intranet

Delta cancels interline agreement with AirTranSeptember 8, 2006
Q&A for Delta employees

Q. With the termination of the ITB agreement, will Delta employees still be eligible for reduced rate travel on AirTran and vice versa?
A.
No. As part of the ITB cancellation, our reduced rate travel agreement with AirTran will be terminated. Delta and AirTran could consider reinstating a separate agreement for employee travel in the future but at this time there are no immediate plans to do so.
Q. How many Delta employees fly on AirTran flights at reduced rates?
A.
Very few. In May, fewer than 70 ID90 flight segments were used by Delta employees on AirTran flights.

Q. If I'm traveling on an ID90 ticket on AirTran and I've already started travel can I fly on the return?
A.
Yes, your ticket will be valid provided you commenced travel prior to the cancellation of the agreement.
Q. If I have an ID90 ticket on AirTran but I have not started travel, will I be able to fly on that ticket after Oct. 8?
A.
No. You will need to have the ticket refunded at a Delta ticketing location.
Q. Does this change affect Delta pilots’ ability to jumpseat on AirTran or AirTran pilots’ ability to jumpseat on Delta?
A.
No. The Delta-AirTran jumpseat agreement is separate from other employee travel benefits.
Q. Would Delta consider reinstating employee ID90/ID75 privileges on AirTran in the future?
A.
Delta is always reviewing employee travel benefits to ensure they are as competitive as possible. Delta and AirTran could consider reinstating a separate agreement for employee travel in the future but at this time there are no immediate plans to do so due to the limited usage of the AirTran reduced rate travel agreement by our employees.
Q. Does this change Delta employees’ ability to travel on AirTran for company business and vice versa?
A.
Yes. As part of the ITB cancellation, our reduced rate travel agreement with AirTran will be terminated (including arrangements for company business travel). Delta and AirTran could consider reinstating a separate agreement for employee travel in the future but at this time there are no immediate plans to do so.

Delta cancels interline agreement with AirTranSeptember 8, 2006
Q&A for Delta employees

Q. With the termination of the ITB agreement, will Delta employees still be eligible for reduced rate travel on AirTran and vice versa?
A. No. As part of the ITB cancellation, our reduced rate travel agreement with AirTran will be terminated. Delta and AirTran could consider reinstating a separate agreement for employee travel in the future but at this time there are no immediate plans to do so.
Q. How many Delta employees fly on AirTran flights at reduced rates?
A. Very few. In May, fewer than 70 ID90 flight segments were used by Delta employees on AirTran flights.
Next question should have been "How many airTran employees fly on Delta flights at reduced rates?"
A: Almost none. 10% of a $1,500 y-fare plus segment fees, TSA fees, and taxes makes it cost-prohibitive.

Couldn't resist... Useless agreement anyway. :D

p.s. I'll bet you a Starbucks that we don't see CASS implementation before Thanksgiving.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back