DL recinds airtran JS agreement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

twepilot

Better check your crew messages and plan accordingly. DL recinds our agreement for the "jumpseat." What does our Union have to say???

RV

Disregard....I just hung up with our JS coord. and he says it is a mistake. Our CP crew message is inaccurate.

RV

Disregard....I just hung up with our JS coord. and he says it is a mistake. Our CP crew message is inaccurate.

RV

I fugured, I know that the Delta J/S is something that DALPA fought hard for many years to obtain and I haven't heard about the BK Judge taking it away (yet) from the pilots.

You WOULD THINK that after giving up 47% of our pay and benefits, we would have unlimited jumpseat for EVERYONE. Wrong. We did get plenty of improvements, but not everything.

1.Unlimited jumpseats with: SWA, AA, CAL, NW, Alaska (USAir and UAL Jan 1)
2.CASS jumpseats with everyone who is under CASS
3.Use of Flight Attendant Jumpseat when there are no stews requesting it
4.IF we are on jumpseat listing and miss our duty in due to late flight, we
are excused

DL connection pilots get preference over other CASS members too.

I would also LOVE to have unlimited with other airlines, like Airtran and Jetblue, but the company still holds the cards I guess....

Bye Bye--General Lee

You WOULD THINK that after giving up 47% of our pay and benefits, we would have unlimited jumpseat for EVERYONE. Wrong. We did get plenty of improvements, but not everything.

1.Unlimited jumpseats with: SWA, AA, CAL, NW, Alaska (USAir and UAL Jan 1)
2.CASS jumpseats with everyone who is under CASS
3.Use of Flight Attendant Jumpseat when there are no stews requesting it
4.IF we are on jumpseat listing and miss our duty in due to late flight, we
are excused

DL connection pilots get preference over other CASS members too.

I would also LOVE to have unlimited with other airlines, like Airtran and Jetblue, but the company still holds the cards I guess....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Well you guys can come ride JS at JB anytime too bad it's not reciprocal..

Want to see Delta jumpseating in action? Just ride a JB flight from BTV on Fridays or Mondays.. A few weeks back had almost 10 Delta jumpseaters.. At delta on a narrow body that would be 9 JB pilots turned away

FP heard it from a pilot who heard it from a DL gate agent or manager. I rode home on DL the other day and the Captain made a point of telling me to let everyone know at AirTran that it was a bad rumor - because of the interline agreement, and that we can still jumpseat. It would have been nice if FP would have checked with the JS coordinator at AirTran and DL before he scared the bejeezes out of everyone tonight.

It's not the jumpseat agreement, it was the interline agreement. Get your facts right. DAL has dropped the "interline" agreement with Airtran. You can no longer buy ID 90/75's on Airtran. Jumpseat is still available.

Well you guys can come ride JS at JB anytime too bad it's not reciprocal..

Our VP of Flight Ops (the new one, starting on Sunday) said that it is in the works a couple of weeks ago. Apparently it is a paperwork thing at this point and JB is just waiting for the papers from Delta so we can sign them and make it official.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back