• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DL - no single aisle orders

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think I saw a chick pilot once at Delta. Even then, typical white, tall hot blond that doesn't really need an interview, just a psycho evaluation.

If you want to get hired at Delta and you don't work at compass already, you need to grow some long blond hair and ditch the family jewels. Don't worry, no PIC time is needed, they'll hire regional FO's as long as you fit the category.

That may have happened a few times, but that scenario is blown way out of proportion. I will run across a female in the crew lounge or on the line maybe once every month or so. At the regionals it seemed it was every other trip I was flying with one. We just don't hire a lot of females period. One or two high profile ones you guys like to talk about but that is not the norm.

Totally not true, many pilots not otherwise competitive have been hired lately based entirely on gender or race. I can think of like 10 that I personally have witnessed. This is not blown out of proportion. I just had a girl on my jumpesat the other day who was in training at a national carrier who never flew a jet or PIC of anything other than a piston.

The title of your thread is "No single Aisle orders." Does the 739ER have a single Aisle? Yes, yes it does. You are wrong. Delta was supposed to order about 200 planes total, yes, but that doesn't mean Delta won't get any 100 seaters or other narrowbodies . Notice the article said DL won't ORDER any. They could always get some other ways...... you just never know. And, 55 MD90s are on the way, as stated in the previous post, with 25 coming next year. Some are already sitting in IND or GSO awaiting mods.

The main reason for the delay in ORDERING newer planes is that DL seems to currently like USED, cheaper narrowbodies (MD90s for example), and they don't want to add more debt to the current balance sheet. Management has brought the debt down from $16 billion towards $10 billion (they paid down $2 billion last year alone, and about $700 million last quarter alone), and they want to do it by 2013. If they do that, they will get a better credit rating for future financing, plus they will save $500 MILLION a year in interest payments. That is huge, and after that they probably could afford a lot more spending, and even ALPA knows that.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I don't argue with idiots and/or narcissists. Enjoy your "win".

Last edited:
I don't argue with idiots and/or narcissists. Enjoy your "win".

How can you argue with him, he stated a lot of what I posted from the last conference call. He probably listened to it or read about it too, yet you call him an idiot? You do lose.

Godspeed!

OYS

How can you argue with him, he stated a lot of what I posted from the last conference call. He probably listened to it or read about it too, yet you call him an idiot? You do lose.Godspeed!OYS

OMG! Not only are u a putz you're a psycho, now referring us to your "significant" other putz's posting!

Latest resources

Back