• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DL Hiring This Fall

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta adds .2 hours/military sortie. I submitted the application today and that was the conversion factor used.

This maybe was already addressed but do these guys have to do any type of interview or do they just show up for indoc.? Are they even screened? When I was at a certain IAH airline and saw guys flow through to CAL, I know that there were guys that CAL would rather have not taken. Do we have any choice who we take or are we going to get some wingnuts?

They just show up, which is why Delta wants to do the 200 person class...

It'll be interesting to see who's in the hiring dept. The rest of mgt is NW so why wouldn't the HR dept be on their side to. I bet they have a class of 30 a month.

The word from the DO at CPZ is that Delta is planning 2 classes of 30 per month. Compass is planning on losing 83 pilots give or take some. I do not think Delta is going to play any games with the class sizes. Letting the flow happen reduces Compass's costs over the long term and all of that profit finds its way back to Delta.

Yea then you can go spend 7000 for a type, do a ton of 5-6 legs days. Never go intl. and fly 85-90 hrs a month like the regionals do.
Still a good job, just different.
The pay will come back up at Delta.
When it does what will Tanker say, I'm sure you'll find something.

Who cares? Have you seen SWA's culture and pay? I'd take it in a heartbeat if offered.

What I heard, although 240 will be hired, 80 to 100 will be Compass flow through, 30-40 Mesaba flow throughs, ~~ 30 furlough by passers, so only 100 to 125 off the street hirees.

They just show up, which is why Delta wants to do the 200 person class...

I see your at ASA...My guess is no flow therefor I can see why you are trying to stir the pot. Let's face it from what I understand the Mesaba MEC, T.W. and company spent several years developing a relationship with the NWA MEC. This was in the making for TEN years. Pilots at both Mesaba and NWA supported each other. Example during NWA strike in the 90's Mesaba pilots could have flown and forced their MGT to pay them weather they flew or not. Mesaba pilots setteled for 1/2 pay and did lot's of AVRO charters to pick up stranded NWA crews. NWA pilots hated the avro and killed the the deal for 72 avros and capped them at 36..but guess what the NWA pilots put in their contract that only MESABA could fly those aircraft...ending a whipsaw with those airplanes.
As you see Mailine and Regional can have a very good relationship and work together. Each understanding they need each other. Not many people outside of XJ and NWA understand how this flow works and why this is a good idea.

And for those of you feeling that youv'e been cheated and the XJ and CPZ got the easy road to Delta...not so fast. If the folks over at Delta dislike that flow guy that much I'm sure training could be very difficult. The flow only states you get a class date not a JOB.

I see your at ASA...My guess is no flow therefor I can see why you are trying to stir the pot. Let's face it from what I understand the Mesaba MEC, T.W. and company spent several years developing a relationship with the NWA MEC. This was in the making for TEN years. Pilots at both Mesaba and NWA supported each other. Example during NWA strike in the 90's Mesaba pilots could have flown and forced their MGT to pay them weather they flew or not. Mesaba pilots setteled for 1/2 pay and did lot's of AVRO charters to pick up stranded NWA crews. NWA pilots hated the avro and killed the the deal for 72 avros and capped them at 36..but guess what the NWA pilots put in their contract that only MESABA could fly those aircraft...ending a whipsaw with those airplanes.
As you see Mailine and Regional can have a very good relationship and work together. Each understanding they need each other. Not many people outside of XJ and NWA understand how this flow works and why this is a good idea.

And for those of you feeling that youv'e been cheated and the XJ and CPZ got the easy road to Delta...not so fast. If the folks over at Delta dislike that flow guy that much I'm sure training could be very difficult. The flow only states you get a class date not a JOB.

Doesn't matter to me. I'm just repeating what I've heard from people who know people at Delta.

Latest resources

Back