Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DL has enough money for huge ATL makover!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

General Lee

Delta's Atlanta Airport Experience to Undergo a Major Makeover
Tuesday March 28, 11:00 am ET
Plans include adding 50 percent more lobby space and check-in options for customers
ATLANTA, March 28, 2006 (PRIMEZONE) -- Delta unveiled today that it will significantly improve its facility at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, giving its customers more space, convenience and check-in choices. Plans include adding over 50 percent more lobby space, 24 more self-service kiosks with international check-in capability, redesigned gate seating, a new Crown Room Club and 14 new lower-level full service check-in positions.
``As Delta customers take advantage of more than 24 new international destinations since September and new and expanded service to more than 30 U.S. cities offered from Atlanta, we want to deliver the conveniences they value, including more space, more check-in options and more comfort when they travel,'' said Rich Cordell, Senior Vice President of Airport Customer Service. ``Our goal is to provide the level of service and amenities customers expect when traveling through the world's largest hub.''
Delta's Atlanta hub facility upgrade will occur in two phases. Phase I, already underway, will offer the following benefits to Delta customers in early April: -- Eighty self-service kiosks, including 24 kiosks that will now offer U.S. customers the ability to check in for their international flights. Last year, nearly 30 million customers checked in using kiosks. -- A new Crown Room Club on Concourse C. This will give customers convenient access to seven Crown Room Clubs on all five of six Concourses in Atlanta. -- Newly-designed queuing system for First Class, Medallion and BusinessElite customers. -- Fourteen new lower-level, full-service check-in positions, providing easy access for customer drop-off.
``We are very pleased to be partnering with Delta on this improvement project that makes traveling through Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport faster and more convenient for all Atlanta originating and connecting customers on Delta,'' said Ben DeCosta, Atlanta Airport General Manager. ``Delta's upgrades not only complement the facility enhancements now underway, but also contribute to the airport's overall mission, to be the world's best airport by exceeding customer expectations.''
Phase II, to be completed by summer, 2007, will offer customers: -- A brand new lobby experience, featuring 50 percent more space, electronic signage, and additional kiosks. -- Gate area changes, including redesigned seating and new carpeting in Concourses A, B and T. Work, quiet and family areas will offer added comfort and privacy to customers when traveling.Even before customers arrive at Delta's newly-upgraded facility in Atlanta or any of Delta's 244 domestic airport locations, they can save time by using delta.com to print their boarding pass on-line. Customers can also quickly make changes to existing reservations by adding or changing flights, choosing alternate dates, times, or cities, and paying change fees with a credit card. With Delta's SkyMiles program Award Ticket functions at delta.com, members can now hold, retrieve, change or cancel Award Tickets with just a few clicks of a mouse.

Wow, can I help pay for that????? I can't wait....

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
Wow, can I help pay for that????? I can't wait....

Bye Bye--General Lee

That's the point General, they wan't you guys to pay for this and other programs that haven't even been announced yet.

Just wait to see what goodies they probably have in store if ALPA caves. Maybe a new set of uniforms or more executive perks and bonuses.

Boeingman said:
That's the point General, they wan't you guys to pay for this and other programs that haven't even been announced yet.

Just wait to see what goodies they probably have in store if ALPA caves. Maybe a new set of uniforms or more executive perks and bonuses.

I won't vote YES to pay for stuff like this. No way. I think most of us feel that way too. ALPA could try to squeeze a TA through, but that doesn't mean we will vote for it. I know most of us are fed up.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I can't believe Delta can finance this makeover if they are so close to death (on the brink...). Unbelievable. Basically, Delta wants its pilots to finance a makeover. Quite the mixed message I would say.

Hey GL, nice new Avatar.

I think the next thing to be unveiled is a new paint scheme for Song. It is for "Restless Leg Syndrome Awareness". The new color will be kind of poopy-mustard yellow. It will be well worth the $315M to give the entire fleet a fresh new look.

Oh, yeah..GL, that is a good avatar...Neil Boortz fan, are ya?

concessions stand

On Your Six said:
I can't believe Delta can finance this makeover if they are so close to death (on the brink...). Unbelievable. Basically, Delta wants its pilots to finance a makeover. Quite the mixed message I would say.

Hey GL, nice new Avatar.

For starters, its way past due for a new livery.

Phaedrus said:
Oh, yeah..GL, that is a good avatar...Neil Boortz fan, are ya?

No, I am NOT a Neil Boortz fan at all, but my name deals with the car in The Dukes of Hazzard, and that picture looked like a souped up version.

I also have to wonder (aloud, as always) what the arbitrators will think of this new ATL makeover, especially since our CFO stated "we are walking on eggshells and are soooo fragile?" Good time to use extra money for a makeover.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back