DL Assistant Flight Superintendent

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

zzbaron

DL is hiring for Assistant Flight Superintendents. Check out the job posting below.

Requisition #: 135833

Atlanta, GA

Thank you for inquiring about the opportunity to become an Assistant Flight Superintendent.

The Assistant Flight Superintendent/AFS position serves as the entry level training position to Delta Flight Control. The training curriculum includes: learning the functionality of Delta's flight planning system, aircraft system capabilities & fleet performance characteristics, knowledge of Delta's operating certificate including the Federal Aviation Regulations, understanding and demonstrated use of the departmental manual strucure which includes online resources, advanced meteorology - upper air dynamics and forecasting, and a tactical understanding of all operational theaters. During training, the AFS will become proficient at using the resources of the Operations Control Center, including teaming with flight crews, maintenance, load control and airport customer service personnel.

In addition to the required training regimen, additional duties as an AFS may include: revising/updating manuals, managing the office overtime program, updating flight remarks and routes within the navigation data base, monitoring the progress and safety of Delta's flights and dispatching special flight operations.

Requirements:

Candidates will complete a formal selection process consisting of a written test battery and board interview. Selection criteria includes an extensive background check including drug/alcohol screening. Must be willing to work rotating shifts (days, afternoons and midnights), with coverage required on weekends and holidays. Scheduling assignments may be subject to change on short notice.

Job Qualifications:

Successful candidates must possess a FAA Aircraft Dispatcher License and have acquired a minimum of three years dispatch experience. Candidates will have a thorough knowledge of meteorology, Federal Aviation Regulations and the Air Traffic Control System. Previous flying experience is beneficial. A strong understanding of airport operations including passenger service, along with supervisory/managerial experience is highly desirable. Candidates must possess excellent judgment and decision making ability; have a record of demonstrated leadership along with strong interpersonal skills.

To qualify for this position you must:

Have a valid driver's license
Be at least 18 years of age
Be able to pass an extensive background check, drug test and audiogram
Be authorized to work in the US
Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays

Does anybody have an idea what this pays? Did DL have this position historically, or is this a carryover from the merger with Northwest, ie Assistant Dispatcher?

Does anybody have an idea what this pays? Did DL have this position historically, or is this a carryover from the merger with Northwest, ie Assistant Dispatcher?

This is an Asst Dispatcher. You upgrade once done with training (4-6 months). Starting pay is around $4400/month and close to $5500/month after upgrade.

Thanks. I didn't realize that DL had kept the Dispatcher pay that high. I hope that one or two referrals will help.

This is one tedious job application. I think it is kind of silly to have the work history section when your jobs are laid out on the resume. Of course, maybe I just have too many previous jobs and addresses.

The 10 year work and address history seems to be pretty standard anymore especially post 9/11. What I find silly is that a lot of these places make you do it all over again even if you have applied before. I would think it would be easy enough to keep your records on file for so many years, and only make you change things if needed. At least some airlines do let you create a profile, and it maintains certain things, but not always.
At least Delta went to all online application stuff now. You used to have to fill it out by hand and bring it with you to Atlanta if they decided to bring you down.
Delta is also the only airline that doesn't give you a dispatcher test when you first go down....instead, you have to pass a general math assessment, reading comprehension assessment, and a personality test before they even grant you a face-to-face interview.

This is one tedious job application. I think it is kind of silly to have the work history section when your jobs are laid out on the resume. Of course, maybe I just have too many previous jobs and addresses.

Hey - are there any DL dispatchers or HR types lurking? if so, I have a question regarding employee referral. Please send me a PM. Thanks

Position closed at least 2-3 weeks ago, has anyone heard anything about how its going?

Latest resources

Back