DL/AA flowback jumpseat NOV 15th

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dizel,

These jumpseat agreements have been in the works for nearly a YEAR. They hardly cropped up overnight and they are a result of last year's concessions/DFW closing announcement.

Yes it was negotiated to help our pilots commute. Wouldn't your company do the same for your pilot group during difficult circumstances?

I don't see why you think another pilot group is obligated to negotiate anything for YOU.

In time, hopefully all carriers will offer unlimited jumpseats. It is a shame to see something that was once merely a professional courtesey being twisted into some birthright.

And yes, we have more important things to worry about right now.

-PF

Deleted by me, nothing god will come of it

But thanks for the honesty!

Last edited:
MajorAv8r said:
You are incorrect sir - DCI does NOT have unlimited jumpseats, only SWA & AA. DCI is limited to the actual number of A/C jumpseat (1 or 2), just as we are when we ride on them. This is a reciprocal agreement.

Yes, but you should have a PPR card that should get you a seat in the back, kinda like having an extra jumpseat, right? RIGHT? I can use my PPR card on any DCI flight, and so should you.

Bye Bye--General Lee

"It is a shame to see something that was once merely a professional courtesey being twisted into some birthright."

I guess that is why the DAL Professional refrained from taking advantage of it, back when they could not reciprocate. They did refrain, right???

Dizel8 said:
"It is a shame to see something that was once merely a professional courtesey being twisted into some birthright."

I guess that is why the DAL Professional refrained from taking advantage of it, back when they could not reciprocate. They did refrain, right???

Didn't you hear? Everyone back then moved to our hubs so they didn't have to jumpseat......

Bye Bye--General Lee

MajorAv8r said:
You are incorrect sir - DCI does NOT have unlimited jumpseats, only SWA & AA. DCI is limited to the actual number of A/C jumpseat (1 or 2), just as we are when we ride on them. This is a reciprocal agreement.

You are incorrect sir. ASA has had unlimited jumpseats for atleast 5 years for all carriers on our approved list. I have taken as many as 6 jumpseaters, most recently out of BWI.

If I remember the post an AA pilot posted the list of unlimited Jumpseat airlines and ASA was on there, can't remember the other DCI carriers.

Dizel,

Our pilots couldn't even jumpseat on our own airline until the mid 90s. We used to have at least 5-6 more domiciles than we currently do so there was much less commuting. Meanwhile the junior guys that were in a commuting situation did so on the B-scale and had to pay $15 per flight to non-rev...their only option on Delta. Or...they had to deal with the unfortunate scenario of asking for a ride on another airline when they knew they couldn't reciprocate. Fortunately there were many understanding professionals out there that extended the courtesy of a jumpseat while Delta maintanted its antiquated policy. Now, I'd have to say our in-house jumpseat policy is one of the best in the business with the ability to reserve the seat days ahead of time.

When setting these new policies, you also have to deal with other employee groups that don't quite understand why a pilot should be able to ride on another airline's airplane for free when they have to pay. Pretty easy to justify when the courtesy seat is in the cockpit but the unlimited free-for-alls in the cabin are a little tougher.

In any case you obviously have a bone to pick with DAL because the advent of unlimited jumpseats on major airlines is only a recent change.

And as always, commuting is generally a choice. One of the perks of the business is that you can live anywhere, but nobody promised it'd be easy.

-PF

BID said:
Thanks for the info. That is good news, hopefully CAL will be on that list soon.

Already have it. Multiple J/S allowed on every flight.

"In any case you obviously have a bone to pick with DAL because the advent of unlimited jumpseats on major airlines is only a recent change."

No bone to pick, I never use DAL so no skin of my back what y'all do. If you want to leave someone behind, even though you have open seats, that is your choice, as for me, I will continue to do everything I can to accomodate all jumpseaters. I like being able to make somones life easier and I feel bad if anyone gets left behind.

"When setting these new policies, you also have to deal with other employee groups that don't quite understand why a pilot should be able to ride on another airline's airplane for free when they have to pay. Pretty easy to justify when the courtesy seat is in the cockpit but the unlimited free-for-alls in the cabin are a little tougher."

Will it be easier to explain to them that SWA and AA is okay, but not everyone else? Seems to me, they would be upset either way.

Your airline, your policy, that is just the way it is. I find it silly, but that is just me.

As for unlimited, yes, it is only recently that this change has been made, but I bet you, that most commuters are most appreciative and darn happy it happened. Since none of us appear to be getting raises, this change, brought on by pilots at many carriers, has improved the QOL for commuters.

Heck AA and SWA just signed an agreement for the Flight Attendants, I am sure they are thrilled and I know F/A's from all airlines love being able to ride on my airline.

Last edited:
Is Horizon on that list? We have been taking unlimited jumpseates for as long as I can remember. We do this, even for airlines that do not. If DAL is going to be selective with whom they give unlimited jumpseats to, they should at least include all of the carriers that give it to them. Its only fair.

Latest resources

Back